16 days ago
Reach Volunteering are working with Bethel Health and Healing network, an organisation that provides health and wellbeing services to some of Birmingham’s most vulnerable people. This support is given through their two core services, the Bethel Ralpha service and the Bethel Doula service. The Rapha service provides a friendly listening service for the local community in Alum Rock and is also introducing a number of wellbeing activities. The Doula service provides emotional and birth partner support for vulnerable and isolated pregnant women and new mothers across the city.
Bethel Health and Healing Network are recruiting a Trustee to join the board in their mission of supporting Birmingham’s most disadvantaged to improve their physical, emotional and spiritual health They are particularly interested in someone with marketing experience, who ideally has an understanding of the charity sector.
- To ensure the charity is carrying out its purposes for the public benefit
- To comply with the charity’s governing document and the law
- To act in the charity’s best interests
- To manage the charity’s resources responsibly
- To ensure the charity is accountable
- To act with reasonable care and skill
- To develop and promote best practice in terms of governance
- To ensure that the charity complies with legislative and regulatory requirements and acts in accordance with its governing document.
- To safeguard and promote the values and mission of the charity.
- To determine the overall direction and development of the charity through clear strategic planning and business planning.
- To uphold the fiduciary duty invested in the position, undertaking such duties in a way that adds to public confidence and trust in the charity.
- To promote and develop the charity in order for it to grow and to maintain its public benefit.
- To maintain sound financial management of the charity’s resources, ensuring expenditure is in line with the organisation’s objects, that investment activities meet accepted standards, that effective internal controls and risk management procedures are in place.
- To ensure that a fully effective and appropriate system is in place for the recruitment, appointment and monitoring of the work and activities of the CEO and where applicable other members of the senior management team.
- To ensure the effective and efficient administration of the charity and its resources, striving for best practice in good governance.
- To abide by all relevant Bethel Health and Healing Network policies and procedures.
- A commitment to the aims and objectives of Bethel Health and Healing Network
- Strategic vision
- Good, independent judgement
- An ability to think creatively
- A willingness to speak their mind
- The ability to understand and accept the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of Trusteeship
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a team while contributing an independent perspective
What difference will you make?
You will pay a pivotal role in shaping the strategic direction and future development of this successful charity who support individuals and families to maximise their physical, psychological and spiritual potential
What’s in it for the volunteer?
This is wonderful opportunity to be involved in an organisation that has a great impact. You would be joining a very passionate and supportive organisation that have grown rapidly in the last few years and wish to further develop and grow their vision of providing health and wellbeing services to the most vulnerable in Birmingham.
- The Board meets bi-monthly for 2 hours at their office in Balsall Heath, Birmingham.
- Some additional phone/email contact may be required
Before you apply
Applications must be made via Reach in the first instance. Please provide your CV, along with a covering letter stating why you wish to work for the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information.