|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Fiona Corless|
|Job Published:||July 31, 2020 20:32|
This is an exciting opportunity to join our board of trustees to support families of children with cancer or that have died to receive social, emotional & mental health support when they need it in a way that's accessible to them.
We are a small rapidly developing charity, if you volunteer with us you will have the opportunity to be involved in strategic and operational developments of the charity and see first hand the direct impact you work has with supporting our beneficiaries.
Ripples of Compassion strive to ensure that all parents/carers and families that have a child with cancer, life limiting condition or that has died will receive appropriate social, emotional and mental health support at the time they need it in a way that is accessible to them.
We provide a range of professional and peer support services as well as networking with other charities to meet the varying needs of parents/carers and families that have a child with cancer, life limiting condition or that has died.
We support our beneficiaries through providing:
- Bereavement Counselling and Therapy
- Bereavement Libraries
- Self-care and comfort boxes for bereaved parents
- Keepsakes for bereaved parents
- Well-being walks
- Food and Activity Parcels for children with cancer and life limiting conditions
- Individual grant requests
The work we do makes a real difference to the families we support and so we are looking for individuals who share our enthusiasm for continuing to help these individuals.
"This is so generous of you and brings tears to my eyes. It’s such a generous gift and I love that her name will be included. It helps us feel like her legacy lives on." - bereaved parent.
About the Role
It is important that you have a knowledge and commitment to the work of Ripples of Compassion. Lived experience of our beneficiaries is desirable but not essential.
We are looking for a trustee that is able to work autonomously and shares our enthusiasm for developing quality support for our beneficiaries.
We are able to consider applicants from across the UK but require attendance at one in person board meeting per annum in either Bristol or Fareham, Hampshire. Our meetings currently take place outside of office hours due to work commitments of other trustees.
- Attend 1 meeting per year in person in Bristol or Fareham;
- Attend 1-3 meetings per year virtually or in person;
- Able to contribute to regular email/WhatsApp communications as required;
- Able to use Microsoft office and One Drive;
- Passionate about supporting children with cancer and their families and bereaved parents.
Desirable Skills, experience with the following:
- Social media management
- Website design/maintenance
- Applying for grants
- Administrative skills
- Previous trustee responsibilities
- Working Strategically,
- Project Management,
- HR Processes
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's