6 days ago
The Kids Network
The Kids Network is a community of children and young professionals connecting through fun, friendship and hardship for positive social change.
The Kids Network values fun, diversity, and commitment – this is the culture we want embedded throughout the organisation. If you are passionate about connecting for change and share our vision, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for up to five new trustees with skills and backgrounds:
- Legal / HR
- Safeguarding in the not for profit space
- Fundraising with strong networks
- PR and communications
- Governance and Administration
- To regularly attend all board meetings (evenings five times a year) and subsequent sub-committees where appropriate
- To provide input into operational projects in-between meetings, giving 4 hours of time to further the aims of the board and organisation
- Approve the organisation’s mission statement and review the staff’s performance in achieving it
- Annually assess the changing environment and approve the organisation’s one-year plan and strategy
- Review and approve the organisation’s three-year financial goals and budget
- Approve major policies
- Recruit, appoint, evaluate, monitor, appraise, advise, stimulate, support, reward and if necessary or desirable, change the Chief Executive of the organisation.
- Regularly discuss with the Chief Executive matters that are of concern to him/her or to the Committee
- Be assured that management succession is being properly provided.
- Recruitment of prospective members of the trustee board and fill vacancies as needed
- Annually approve the performance of the Board of Trustees and take steps (including composition, organisation and responsibilities) to improve its performance Operations
- Review the results achieved by the staff team in relation to the organisation’s aims and objectives, annual and long-term goals and the performance of similar projects
- Be certain that the financial structure of the organisation is adequate for its current needs and its long-term strategy
- Approve major actions of the organisation, such as and major changes in activities and services.
- Be assured that the Board is adequately and currently informed – through reports and other methods – of the condition of the organisation and its operations
- Be assured that published reports adequately reflect the nature of the services and the financial condition of the organisation
- Appoint independent auditors subject to approval by members
- Review the compliance with relevant laws affecting the organisation
- Help promote the organisation to a wider audience of potential funders and supporters
- Attend events to represent the organisation in a positive manner and expand TKN networks
The Kids Network is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an enhanced DBS check.
We particularly encourage applications from Black candidates and People of Colour to apply for this role as we continue to build our culture of inclusion and representation within our organisation.
The closing date for applications is rolling.
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter, no longer than two pages, to our Founder, Sarah Woodcock email@example.com