10 days ago
Spoons is a service user and volunteer led organisation. We work with families and NHS trusts to improve and co-design neonatal services.
Spoons works with parents and the wider family based on individual needs. Families can self refer to our services or can be referred by a health professional involved in the care of their baby.
Ensuring families are well supported in neonatal care is at the very heart of what we do. We are seeking trustees with the right skills and experience too lead the charity effectively.
Spoons wishes to see diverse knowledge, skills and experience represented on its Board. All Trustees will be expected to meet at least one of these criteria. In particular we are seeking Trustee who have experience in the following areas:
- Senior level strategic management experience within a third sector organisation, ideally a charity.
- Recent experience (within the last 5 years) of fundraising for, or in, a third sector organisation.
- Experience at senior level of financial management, ideally within a charity.
- A professional qualification and significant practitioner experience in an area of relevance to Spoons such as charity law, project or programme management.
- Knowledge and experience of creative marketing and social media management
- Knowledge and experience of marketing or public relations in the third sector.
- Experience as a trustee in a similar size or larger organisation, together with implementation of best practice in corporate governance.
- Experience of a neonatal or mental health service provision at a senior level.
The trustee will help us with growth and development and bring some of the skills that our board has identified we need to continue to grow.
This is an opportunity to help shape the care and support that our service users need.
We are looking for someone who will be strong enough to lead the board and not afraid to challenge.
How to apply
Please apply via Reach Volunteering