11 days ago
Halcyon London International School is the only not-for-profit International Baccalaureate School in central London, so all fee income is invested in teaching and learning. We provide the Middle Years Programme and the Diploma Programme to over 190 students, aged 11-18 in a holistic yet rigorous academic environment.
Halcyon is committed to innovation, collaboration and community. Students enjoy a challenging academic programme, an innovative approach to wellbeing and an integrated digital learning environment.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for individuals who have a strong empathy with our mission to join our board.
Experience, skills and expertise gained in a senior role, either in the corporate or voluntary sector and an interest in safeguarding children and young people as well as a willingness to commit time and energy combined with an in-depth understanding of our work and ambitions are particularly sought.
We are particularly interested in trustees who may have skills in the areas of education/academia, property development, digital learning, marketing and PR.
- Successful experience of operating within a Board in a charitable, public sector or commercial organisation
- Demonstrable experience of building and sustaining relationships with key stakeholders, potential funders, and colleagues to achieve organisational objectives
- A proven track record of sound judgement and effective decision making
- A track record of commitment to promoting equality and diversity
- Commitment to Halcyon and a willingness to devote the necessary time and effort
- Preparedness to make challenging recommendations to the Board, and a willingness to speak their mind
- Willingness to be available to staff for advice and enquiries on an ad hoc basis
- Good, independent judgement and strategic vision
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
What Difference Will You Make?
As a trustee, you will play an important role in this exciting period of growth and development. Your skills and experience will make a significant contribution to our plans and to this end, continue the life-readying, pioneering and inspiring education Halcyon provides.
Attendance at 4-6 board meetings a year, which last about 3 hours and are held at the school or a venue nearby. For further info please see our candidate pack.
How to Apply
Applications should be made via TrusteeWorks in the first instance. Please send a CV along with a short statement outlining your interest and what you might contribute to a Board.
Please request a copy of the candidate pack from Reach TrusteeWorks. We are happy to answer questions or provide additional information before candidates apply.