|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Sandy Hinks|
|Job Published:||July 15, 2020 11:10|
The West of England Sport Trust (Wesport) is a Registered Charity (1114495) & Company Limited by Guarantee (05794916) and fulfils the role of the Active Partnership for the West of England, which covers Bath & North East Somerset, Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire, working with a network of organisations across this area. There are 43 Active Partnerships across England, all of whom are linked together via the Active Partnerships National Network.
Wesport’s vision is: Improving lives in the West of England through championing, developing, and delivering sport & physical activity. The mission is to: Create, Inspire, and Empower through Sport & Physical Activity. This describes what Wesport aims to achieve in the long-term and serves as a guide for choosing the current and future courses of action.
Wesport is seeking to add to its existing Board of non-executives, an independent Chairperson and additional Trustees to broaden the skills of the governing body. This is a voluntary role requiring approximately 1-2 days per month of Trustee time to fulfil role responsibilities.
Knowledge & Experience
- Leadership/resource/people management.
- Leading Strategic planning from a senior management role.
- Knowledge of the West of England within own industry sector preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing at all levels
- Able to think objectively and make sound, independent judgements
The following areas have been identified as desirable areas of expertise:
- Finance / accountancy
- Fundraising (charitable, commercial and / or grants)
- Marketing / Public relations / social media
- Health and / or social care
- Human Resources
- Sports background (elite, volunteer and / or coaching)
- Experience of working with traditionally "hard to reach" groups
- Community development
- Personal development
- Public sector knowledge / engagement
- To determine the overall direction and development of Wesport through good governance
- To ensure that the policies of, and delivery by, the Trust match its Charitable objectives.
- To ensure the Trust has a clear purpose, vision and strategic direction, and is focused on achieving these
- To safeguard the Trust’s good name and values
- To further the strategic objectives of Wesport, acting in the best interests of the Trust at all times and supporting its development through participation in agreed projects
- To act as a guardian of the Trust’s assets, both tangible and intangible, taking all due care over their security, deployment and proper application
- To ensure that the Trust’s governance is of the highest possible standard
- To work in partnership with other Trustees, the Chief Executive and other senior staff
- To advocate for and represent Wesport positively at meetings, events or conferences
- The Role of the Chair
- Leading and managing the Wesport Trust Board including chairing meetings
- Liaising with the Chief Executive to ensure that the Board actively and comprehensively manages the Company’s business
- Ensuring that the Board and the Chief Executive carry out the legal responsibilities relating to a company limited by guarantee & a registered charity, its work and its staff
- Promoting and working as an advocate of the role and objectives of Wesport
- Building and maintaining working relationships with a range of key partners and stakeholders from the public, private and third sectors
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's