|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||October 30, 2020 14:58|
Bristol Hospitality Network (BHN) is looking for dedicated people to join our Board of Trustees.
Bristol Hospitality Network (BHN) works alongside asylum seekers facing destitution by sourcing hosted accommodation and creative community engagement across the city.
Founded in 2009, BHN has supported hundreds of individuals in need and continues to provide life-changing solutions to people seeking safety in Bristol.
We estimate there are 100 destitute asylum seekers living in Bristol, caught in the loopholes of the system – unable to work and unable to claim benefits. Without an income, these individuals can’t find accommodation. By joining us as a Trustee, you will help BHN continue its work in benefit of all its members.
The Board of Trustees are responsible for overseeing the work of BHN as a charity, to ensure that we are acting in line with our values and objectives.
Below are some of the key responsibilities of the Trustees:
- Keep some information strictly confidential.
- Be assertive without aggression - challenge and ask questions
- Have a sense of humour but with sensitive timing.
- Be loyal to the BHN and its’ people but able to give and take constructive criticism.
- Use a participative team building style.
- Uphold the vision, values and objectives of BHN
- Adhere to the principles and practice of equality and diversity
- Act as ambassadors for BHN and not take part or be involved in activities which may bring BHN into disrepute
Please note that:
- All Trustees share the same legal status and have equal responsibility for decisions taken that affect the success of BHN.
- Each Trustee must act only in the interests of BHN and not on behalf of any constituency or interest group.
- No one who serves as a Trustee should be in a position to gain or benefit financially or materially from their dealings with BHN.
We are specifically looking for someone with personal experience of the asylum and refugee system.
If you have any of the skills listed below, or feel that you have other skills that may be relevant, then please get in touch:
- Experience of the asylum and refugee system
- Secretarial skills
- Health & Safety or Property Management skills
- Experience of Management, HR or Business Development
- Communications & Marketing
- Legal skills
Please see the candidate pack for further details on core qualities and skills, attributes and capacity.
Board meetings take place every 6 weeks. Please see candidate pack for further details.
How to apply
Applications must be sent to the TrusteeWorks team. Please provide your CV and cover letter stating why you are interested in the role, how your skills and experience match the person specification, how you can add value to the board and any other relevant information.