|Contact Name:||Duncan Mann|
|Job Published:||February 28, 2020 14:54|
Trustees have independent control over and legal responsibility for, a charity’s management and administration. As a trustee you will work with other members of the Trustee Board to ensure that the fundamental duties of the trustees are being fulfilled. You will ensure that the UK-Med’s resources are used responsibly and that the Charity is accountable and providing a public benefit.
UK-Med had an annual turnover of £1.8million in 2018-19. The majority of our funding comes in the form of government grants, but with the recent introduction of a new fund raising function to the organisation we are expecting to increase income from grants, trusts and private donations in the future. We employ 25 staff and have a volunteer base of around 450 active clinicians who rotate on call duties to respond to humanitarian emergencies.
As a Trustee, you will attend quarterly Board meetings, and contribute to setting strategic direction, providing governance oversight and scrutiny and supporting the work of the charity’s staff.
UK-Med has been registered as a charity since 1995, and in 2017 became a charitable incorporated organisation (CIO).
- Charity Commission Guidance – The Essential Trustee
- UK-Med Website
- UK-Med record on Charity Commission Website (Covers since conversion to CIO)
- Latest Published Accounts (2017)
- Historic records on Charity Commission Website (prior to becoming CIO)
To take on this role, you must meet the legal requirement for being a Trustee in England and Wales including;
- You must be at least 16 years old
- You must not be disqualified from being a Trustee; reasons for disqualification include;
- Certain unspent convictions
- Being disqualified as a Director, or previously having been removed from a relevant office
- Being on the sex offender register or being designated person under anti-terrorist legislation
- You must have the right to undertake voluntary work in the UK (e.g. being an EU citizen or having a visa that allows voluntary work)
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's