|Contact Name:||Helen Bradley|
|Job Published:||February 11, 2020 16:33|
We are looking for Trustees and welcome all applicants. If you have a passion for what we do and believe in, and can bring a strong skillset to support us in achieving our brand new strategic plan, we'd like to meet you.
What will you be doing?
KeyRing Trustee purpose
To further the charitable objectives of KeyRing.
- To lead the organisation in achieving the strategic aims.
- Particular interest or experience in financial management and governance within Charities
- Working with the other trustees to make sure that KeyRing does what it should be doing.
- Working with the other trustees to ensure that KeyRing keeps to the legal and financial rules of being a charity.
- Ensure that any strategic aims are for the benefit of all KeyRing Members and that they reflect KeyRing’s vision and principles, strategy and major policies at all times.
- Contribute to KeyRing your skills, interests, and contacts to support the organisations activities.
- Follow the advice in the Charity Commission booklet CC3 The Essential Trustee
- Attend the meetings and be an active members of the trustee board.
- Reflect the trustees’ policies and concerns on all sub-committees etc.
- Maintain good relations with staff.
- Take part in training sessions provided for trustees.
- Take part in other support and activities asked for by the trustee board from time to time.
What are we looking for?
You will have experience that you can share, that will provide positive outcomes for KeyRing, for example we are very keen to hear from people who know about finance and governance in charities
- Be open minded and understand learning is important
- Have a can do attitude
- See the big picture and plan, and want to see change happen
- Understand that providing cutting edge services involves some risks
- Have good communication and analytic skills
- Have passion and drive to achieve our Vision
What difference will you make?
People can achieve so much with the right support. KeyRing networks inspire people to build the life they want. For some people this starts with simply daring them to dream. Where others see labels such as learning disability, mental health issues, homelessness and addiction we see skills and talents. We see people. We build independence through connection, flexible support and skill sharing.
What's in it for the volunteer?
This role will provide you with variety. We are an exciting prospect for anyone joining our board as KeyRing doesn't sit still. We look to innovate in both the way we are funded and how we deliver and you would be part of that. Our people love working here, and most trustees stay for many years, becoming as passionate as we are about KeyRing. As we explore different ways to operate and attract business you won't be bored. This opportunity will be useful for anyone wanting to learn more about being a trustee, develop a more rounded skill set, or will hold the interest of someone with many years of experience.
A few more details
KeyRing is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. Our Board has a diverse mix of Trustees including those with Lived Experience. We would love to add to that mix, especially candidates from the BAME or the LGBT community as we would like those groups to be more represented at Board Level. Most important though, is a passion for what we do and believe in.
Please have a look at what we do in more detail at our website https://www.keyring.org/