26 days ago
We’re Oxfordshire Mind, the mental health charity. We’re here to make sure anyone with a mental health problem has somewhere to turn for advice and support. We provide a range of support services across Oxfordshire from an information line to supported housing. With one in four people experiencing a mental health problem at some point in their lives, people need Mind more than ever.
The services we provide include:
- Transitional Supported Housing Recovery Service as part of the Oxfordshire Mental Health Partnership
- Oxfordshire Mind Wellbeing Service
- Talking Space psychological therapy service in partnership with Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust
- ‘Benefits for Better Mental Health’, a welfare benefits advice service
- Information line
- Volunteering & peer support opportunities
We employ over 100 staff and operate in 28 locations around the county, providing support to around 20,000 people each year.
With an experienced staff team in place and a strong board behind it, the organisation is seeking to appoint a two new Trustees, to strengthen the board and move the charity into its next phase.
A recent review of skill requirements for the Board of Trustees was carried out by the Board. This has identified a need for a Trustee who has specialisms in one or more of the following areas:
- Human Resources
- Experience and management of growing a Charity
- NHS or local mental health commissioning
- Children and younger people’s experience
- Lived experience of mental health issues
Oxfordshire Mind delivers services to people of all backgrounds; we currently have services focussed on women and men; younger and older people; various different ethnic groups and the LGBTQ+ community. We would welcome applicants representative of the diverse community we serve.
These are important roles within the board; and in time you may also be asked to be a member of sub-committees.
Experience as a Trustee would be welcomed but is not necessary.
If you are interested in being a Trustee at Oxfordshire Mind and believe you would augment our board, then please do get in touch.
Time commitment: Board Meeting every two months, sub committees quarterly.
For further information and job description please visit our website www.Oxfordshiremind.org.uk
Please send CVs to email@example.com
Closing date: 5pm, 22nd July 2018.
For an informal chat please call Dan Knowles CEO 01865 263730
Oxfordshire Mind is committed to safeguarding. We are an equal opportunities employer; we value diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community. The above position is subject to a current DBS