14 days ago
TCV - The Conservation Volunteers
TCV is an ambitious organisation seeking an exceptional individual with a financial background, preferably in risk and audit, to join on our Board of Trustees and to Chair our Audit and Risk Committee (ARC) soon after appointment. We are keen for our Board to reflect the diversity of the communities that we work in, therefore we encourage applications from under-represented groups.
We are specifically looking for someone with significant recent and relevant financial experience. As Chair of ARC, you will work in partnership with the Chair of the Board, Chief Executive and Finance Director to provide leadership and direction to ARC in carrying out its governance and oversight role. Our current ARC chair will support the induction of this person to the role and ensure an appropriate handover period before they step down.
Candidates will ideally have experience of working on both local and national affairs and will be able to help advance and develop TCV’s interests at all levels of public and private life. In general, you will have an interest in the community, environmental and cultural diversity sectors, and the highest standards of ethical conduct and corporate governance. Previous board experience is essential, whether on commercial or not-for-profit boards.
Please visit our website at https://www.tcv.org.uk/careers to download the Trustee Information Pack for more detailed information on the role.
• Our Trustees will share our values and be passionate about our purpose, striving to meet our overall strategy, mission and vision
• An excellent communicator able to engage with the cross-section of TCV’s volunteers, employees and trustees
• Experience of acting at a senior level and providing support and challenge to help TCV thrive
• Commercial or Not for Profit board experience
• Significant and recent Financial experience
• Knowledge of best practice in audit and corporate governance
• An understanding of organisational risk management concepts, frameworks and processes
• An understanding of financial planning and experience of scrutinising financial information and processes
The term of office for this role is initially for three years with scope to extend for further terms.
• We expect the time commitment to be approximately one day per month and both ARC and Board meetings are held quarterly.
• All Trustees would also be required to attend an induction process at the start of their term.
• This is a voluntary position that is not remunerated. Expenses will be reimbursed.
To apply please submit a letter of no more than two A4 pages in length explaining why the role excites and interests you, what you would bring to TCV and demonstrating the experience requirements from the Person Specification, along with a short CV to Janet Willmot, (email@example.com) PA to the Leadership Team.
We anticipate interviews for this role will take place during early February 2020.