|Salary:||Volunteer charity trustee|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Hill|
|Job Published:||December 10, 2019 19:41|
Trustee for Greenwich Music School
If you are interested in improving access to music education in South East London then we’d like to hear from you!
Greenwich Music School provides access to high quality music education which enriches lives and enables artistic, creative and personal growth of people in Greenwich and surrounding areas. GMS is a centre of excellence in music education, running music tuition, group courses, projects and training. The same high quality music education is offered to learners of all ages and levels, from toddlers to professional musicians and teachers.
We are looking for a new trustee who is a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA). Some experience of fundraising would also be valuable, but is not essential.
The role involves:
• Guiding the overall direction of the charity
• Ensuring GMS complies with its constitution and with the law
• Advising the board and organisation according to your particular expertise
• Taking responsibility as a member of the board of trustees for key strategic decisions
We are looking for someone who:
• Is committed to the mission and values of the organisation
• Is prepared to be proactive in helping the charity achieve its vision
• Can discuss positively, arrive at collective decisions and take responsibility for such decisions.
The time commitment will be between three and ten days a year, including three meetings a year and providing advice and guidance to senior staff as required.
This is a voluntary position.
Previous experience as a charity trustee is not required.
An enhanced DBS check and S128 check is required for each trustee due to potential contact with children.
Closing date for applications: 16/1/2020
Interviews will take place in the following weeks.
To apply: please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
If you have any questions, please contact Ed or Rachel at the addresses above.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's