|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Karen Munro-Burton|
|Job Published:||November 21, 2019 14:25|
Put your expertise to use and achieve real change: become a Board Trustee
Learning disability charity Brandon Trust is looking for new trustees to join its Board. In return for your commitment and expertise, there’s a real opportunity to develop your skills, influence decision-making and enhance people’s lives as part of a talented, collaborative team. Each trustee is also a Director of the company.
Brandon exists to enable adults and children with learning disabilities and autism to live the lives they choose. We work across the south of England, providing high-quality, individualised support that is genuinely life-enhancing.
Detailed knowledge of the social care sector and governance aren’t necessary; it’s your own experience which will enable you to play an active role in leading Brandon during a challenging period for the social care sector.
In return for your commitment, as a trustee you will have the opportunity to:
- Benefit from a tailored induction and mentoring programme,
- Receive training and development in a range of areas, including:
- Governance and leadership,
- Key technical matters (e.g. finance, reporting, legal),
- Specific charity sector areas,
- Work alongside highly experienced board professionals,
- Gain unique insight into a key national sector at a time of great change,
- Develop your skills and apply them to real-world challenges,
- Extend your network and hone your influencing and leadership skills,
- Demonstrate leadership to future employers with a senior role on your CV.
We are particularly interested in people with senior/board-level experience in the following areas:
- Operational management / efficiency
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Working / living with learning disabilities or individuals with complex needs.
You’ll need to commit to the equivalent of approximately 10 days a year for meetings in Bristol, in addition to occasional travel to our areas across the south of England, all of which are diarised well in advance. You’ll also need to read board papers, which can be managed flexibly in your own time. We will reimburse reasonable expenses.
For more information on Brandon and the work we do, please visit our website and social media channels. You can also contact Karen Munro-Burton, Governance and Executive Assistant on 0117 907 7200 or email Karen.MunroBurton@brandontrust.org
To apply, please download an application form at https://www.brandontrust.org/support-us/volunteering/become-a-trustee/ Please send the application form and your CV giving details of your employment history and voluntary roles to Karen.MunroBurton@brandontrust.org
Closing date: 5 January, 2020.
Interviews will be held in January 2020 at our Head Office in Patchway, Bristol.
All trustees must complete a range of statutory and regulatory background checks including DBS checks.