|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||February 14, 2020 08:56|
Emmaus Village Carlton is looking forward to welcoming new trustees to our board.
Emmaus Village Carlton is a homelessness charity based in north Bedfordshire offering active support to formerly homeless people. We provide a real workable alternative to homelessness, offering people a home, as well as meaningful work in our social enterprise.
This is an exciting time to join us as we have recently been achieving above expectations financially and are exploring new avenues for the organisation, to which discussions we will value your contribution.
What will you are doing?
Main purpose of the trustee role:
- Fiduciary responsibility, holding the organisation in trust and ensuring public confidence;
- Overall responsibility for the organisation's strategic direction;
- Ensure that it meets its legal duties, remains solvent and is well run;
- Ensure the organisation delivers its vision, mission and values;
- To provide leadership.
What are we looking for?
We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates with experience and skills in one or more of the following areas:
- Marketing, PR & communications
- Social services or healthcare
Trustee person specification:
- Commitment to the charity and willingness to learn about the ethos of Emmaus.
- Willingness to devote the necessary time and effort.
- Strategic vision.
- Good, independent judgement.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Willingness to speak their mind.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Nolan's seven principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
- The skills to analyse proposals and examine their financial consequences.
- Willingness to be available to staff for advice and enquiries on an ad hoc basis.
What's in it for the volunteer?
The reward for this work is the knowledge that this is a unique model which works well. The companions are the best reward - we see so many flourish. Some choose to stay and make Emmaus their permanent home; others leave once they have found work and accommodation.
The board meets every other month in Carlton. It is also desirable for trustees to attend the monthly operations committee meeting where possible.
How to apply
Applications should be made via Reach in the first instance. Please provide your CV, along with a covering letter stating why you wish to work with the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any additional information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Trustee with Finance Experience
0 - 0 (Volunteer)
Treasurer & Trustee
Voluntary role with expenses reimbursed
Trustee With Financial Experience (Voluntary/Unpaid)
0 - 0
Voluntary however expenses are provided inline with our expenses policy
0 - 200000