23 days ago
Pentrebane Zone (Registered Charity) is seeking 4 new trustees to join our growing charity.
We would be seeking individuals that would be flexible to commit their time and energy to help support our members and contribute to the ongoing development of the charity.
The Board of Trustees are responsible for the overall governance and strategic direction
of the charity, developing the organisations aims, objectives and goals in accordance with
the governing document, legal and regulatory guidelines.
Main responsibilities and duties –
• To ensure that the charity and its representatives’ function within the legal and
regulatory framework of the sector and in line with the organisations’ governing document,
continually striving for best practice in governance.
• To uphold the fiduciary duty invested in the position, undertaking such duties in a
way to continually strive for best practice in governance. that adds to public confidence
and trust in the charity.
• To determine the overall direction and development of the charity through good governance and clear strategic planning.
• Interviewing, appointing and monitoring the work and activities of employees.
• Ensuring the effective and efficient administration of the charity and its resources.
• Acting as a counter-signatory on financial procedure forms and any applications for funds.
• Ensuring the charity complies with legislative and regulatory requirements, and acts within the confines of its governing document and in furtherance to organisational activities contained therein.
• Acting in the best interest of the charity, beneficiaries and future beneficiaries at all
times. Promoting and developing the charity for it to grow and maintain its relevance to society.
• To maintain absolute confidentiality about all sensitive/confidential information
received in the course of trustee’s responsibilities to the charity.
Who are we – Pentrebane zone is a hub of the community. As a charity we are responsible for the lease of the community centre for 25 years. Our mission is to provide opportunities for the community to help tackle hard times, run family-based activities, help improve people skills so training is an option. We have a community café that we run. Our aim is build up community spirit and bring about positive changes to our neighbourhood. We mainly run the building as volunteers and we rely on people giving their time to keep the centre open. We apply for funding and support to run after school projects, develop new resources and provisions such as our new community wood work shop. In 2018 we became an employer and were able to take on our first staff members to support the youth & activities in the area.
To apply please send your CV & letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by 27th October 2019