|Salary:||£0.00 - Voluntary role|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||October 03, 2019 12:26|
Brain Research UK funds essential neurological research to discover the causes, develop new treatments and improve the lives of those affected.
We are looking for a Trustee to join our Board of Trustees.
It is estimated that there are at least 11 million people living with a neurological condition in the UK. This includes everything from sudden onset conditions such as stroke and acquired brain injury, to progressive conditions such as Alzheimer’s, to intermittent conditions such as epilepsy.
There are around 134,000 deaths due to neurological conditions every year in the UK.
By joining our Board you will join us in our vision to fund essential research to discover the causes, develop new treatments and improve the lives of those affected by neurological conditions.
You will be instrumental in helping us deliver our mission to improve the lives of those affected by one of hundreds of neurological conditions through the funding of essential research and accelerating its progress.
As a Trustee you would have an opportunity to work with an energetic, positive and committed team that is flourishing at this key point in the charity’s development.
What are we looking for?
If you are enthusiastic about making a positive difference to those with a neurological condition and willing to work as part of a small, dynamic team we would like to hear from you.
Significant experience in the following areas is essential for the role:
- Experience of working within the Third Sector, ideally within a research/medical charity
- Successful experience of operating at senior level with a charitable, public sector or commercial organisation
- Demonstrable experience of building and sustaining high-value relationships with stakeholders and colleagues to help achieve organisational change and objectives
Skills, personal style and behaviours
- You will be enthusiastic and energetic and will readily understand that those with neurological conditions, and those who give their support to us, are at the heart of any and all of our actions
- Commitment to the vision and mission of BRUK
- An ability to work as part of a team as well as lead and drive, as appropriate
- A positive and open attitude, with the ability to understand the challenges of a small, dynamic team positioned for charitable growth
- A strategic thinker with vision, flair and enthusiasm
- High levels of integrity
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A willingness to engage personal networks as and when appropriate to further the work of the charity
- Commitment to equality and diversity
- Willingness and ability to devote the necessary time and effort
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship, supported by an appreciation of the respective roles of the Chair and Chief Executive
We have Board meetings quarterly and occasionally Trustees review proposals by emails.
How to apply
Please apply via Reach Volunteering with your CV and Supporting Statement (maximum two pages of A4) that includes your reasons for being interested in the role and highlights the key skills and strengths you consider to be most relevant.
Deadline for applications is 25th October
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's