|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Richard Davy|
|Job Published:||September 16, 2019 09:41|
TRUSTEES WANTED FOR SURREY INDEPENDENT LIVING COUNCIL
Surrey Independent Living Council (SILC) is a Surrey wide charity that support disabled people, older people, parents of disabled children, carers and people with long term health conditions.
We have been operating since 1997 and provide a range of services all aimed at enabling people to live independently and to have their voices heard.
We are committed to the Social Model of Disability and as a member led charity we are led by people with a lived experience of disability and/or long term health conditions with the majority of our Trustees having personal experience of disability.
We are currently looking for new trustees to join our Board.
The Board agrees strategy, business plans and performance targets for the organisation along with approving annual budgets and monitoring service performance. The Board is also responsible for the management of risk and compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements.
We are seeking to build a Board with a broad range of experience and knowledge as well as one that is reflective of the diverse community of Surrey and although the role is unpaid all expenses are reimbursed.
We would particularly welcome applications from people who have expertise and experience in one or more of the following.
- Human resources
- Commercial law
- Business planning and development
Time commitments vary but as a guide you will be expected to:
- attend six 2 hours Board meetings a year. These are usually held on Fridays between 12.00and 14.00 (including lunch).
- attend an annual Board “Away Day” along with the staff team.
- participate in working groups – optional depending on skills, knowledge and availability.
- attend an induction session and participate in other training as appropriate.
- read Board meeting and other papers as circulated to Trustees.
The role of Trustee is vitally important to the running of SILC and a real opportunity to make a difference for people in Surrey who need support to live independently and to have their voices heard.