10 days ago
The Welsh Air Ambulance Charitable Trust, Llanelli, Wales, United Kingdom
OVERALL OBJECTIVE The objective is to work with the Chair and the other Trustees, to be responsible for the overall Governance and strategic direction of the Charity, developing the Charity’s aims, objectives and goals in accordance with the governing document, legal and regulatory guidelines.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES • To ensure that the policy and practices of the Charity are in keeping with its objectives and its memorandum and articles of association (and any variations thereto) and that these are carried out by Senior Management • To ensure that the Charity functions within the legal and financial requirements of the Charity and strives to achieve best practice • To take part in formulating and regularly reviewing the strategic aims of the Charity, evaluating performance against agreed targets • To ensure the effective and efficient administration of the Charity and its resources, striving for best practice in good governance • To ensure compliance of the Charity with statutory and legal requirements • To act in the best interest of the Charity at all times • To ensure that the income of the Charity is spent solely for the purposes as laid out in its objectives
MAIN DUTIES • To assist the Chair as an active member of the Trustee Board in exercising its responsibilities and functions • To attend meetings of Trustees, whether Board Meetings or Committee Meetings, ensuring the Charity’s policies and concerns are reflected in their deliberations • To be familiar with the operations of the Charity to ensure that a critical and informed view can be maintained, participating in appropriate training sessions and visiting the airbase as necessary • To contribute specific skills, interests and contacts to support the Charity • To promote the Charity to as wide an audience of donors and beneficiaries as possible
CODE OF CONDUCT It is the responsibility of management, committee members or trustees to:
• Act within the governing document and the law – being aware of the contents of the organisation’s governing document and the law as it applies to Wales Air Ambulance (WAA).
• Act in the best interest of Wales Air Ambulance as a whole – considering what is best for the organisation and its beneficiaries and avoiding bringing the Trust into disrepute.
• Manage conflicts of interest effectively – registering, declaring and resolving conflicts of interest. Not gaining materially or financially unless specifically authorised to do so.
• Respect confidentiality – understanding what confidentiality means in practice for Wales Air Ambulance its board and the individuals involved with it.
• Have a sound and up-to-date knowledge of Helicopter Emergence Medical Service (HEMS) in Wales and its environment –understanding how HEMS works and the environment within which it operates.
• Attend majority of meetings and other appointments.
• Prepare fully for meetings and all work for WAA– reading papers, querying anything you don’t understand and thinking through issues in good time before meetings.
• Actively engage in discussion, debate and voting in meetings – contributing positively, listening carefully, challenging sensitively and avoiding conflict.
• Act jointly and accept a majority decision – making decisions collectively, standing by them and not acting individually unless specifically authorised to do so.
• Work considerately and respectfully with all – respecting diversity, different roles and boundaries, and avoiding giving offence.
• Trustees are expected to honour the content and spirit of this code.