|Salary:||£0.00 - voluntary|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||October 08, 2019 12:52|
Cheltenham Housing Aid Centre is a small a small independent charity that provides free advice and information to help vulnerable and disadvantaged members of our community resolve housing issues and thereby improve their quality of life.
We are looking forward to welcoming a new Trustee to our Board to help strengthen our decision making, particularly around fundraising and marketing.
What are we looking for?
- Commitment to the charity’s objects, aims and values and willingness to devote time to carry out responsibilities.
- Successful track record in marketing and / or fundraising.
- Knowledge of digital or social media.
- Having a network of local and wider contacts and the ability to grow that network and to develop CHAC's profile.
- Excellent networking skills, influencing and communication skills.
- Strategic and forward looking vision in relation to the charity’s objects and aims.
- An understanding of the UK charity sector, relevant legislations and statutory requirements.
- An understanding of the challenges facing small charities in maximising income streams & donor cultivation.
- Experience of diverse fundraising practices, including statutory funds, corporate and philanthropic giving would be valuable.
- An understanding of the Code of Fundraising Practice.
Board meets every other month at 6.15pm for about an hour. Occasional availability to speak to staff on teh telpehone and to attand strategy setting and training days is useful.
What difference will you make?
We are looking for fresh ideas around marketing and fundraising. We have exciting plans for the future and your expertise will help us realise them.
What's in it for the volunteer?
You will be joining a successful organisation and you will have the opportunity to make a real impact on our work helping vulnerable and disadvantaged members of our community.
In order to apply, please submit your CV and a short covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation, what skills and experience you will bring to the Board. Applications should be made via TrusteeWorks in the first instance.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's