16 days ago
The Hamelin Trust support people with learning disabilities. We provide a range of services across Essex, ranging from short break respite care to outreach services.
We are seeking Trustees to join our board to help oversee the running of the charity. Providing your skills and experience will have a positive impact on the organisation as a whole and our beneficiaries.
This is a wonderful opportunity to join a great organisation and a committed team who provide an invaluable service to those with learning disabilities.
Trustee Key Responsibilities
- Ensuring that the Charity has a clear vision, mission and strategic direction, and is focused on achieving these.
- Ensuring compliance with the Articles and with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Acting with integrity and only in the interest of Hamelin Trust.
- Using Hamelin Trust assets reasonably and only in furtherance of Hamelin Trust’s objectives and avoiding activities that might place Hamelin Trust’s funds, assets or reputation at risk.
- Ensuring that the Charity’s governance is of the highest possible standard.
- Use reasonable care and skill to ensure Hamelin Trust is well run and efficient.
- Acting with confidentiality and discretion.
- Ensuring they are sufficiently informed.
- To contribute specialist knowledge/skills/expertise as required by the charity and to obtain external professional advice where appropriate.
- To work collectively with other trustees, the CEO and other senior staff.
The board meets every two months.
- Commitment to the organisation.
- Enjoy change and the implementation of change.
- Willingness to devote the necessary time and effort and to impart the benefit of their skills and experience.
- Strategic vision.
- Good, independent judgement.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Willingness to speak their mind.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Nolan’s seven principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
- Leadership skills.
We are particularly interested in individuals who have HR skills and experience.
How to apply
Applications must be made via Reach Volunteering in the first instance. In order to apply please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information.