|Salary:||0 - 0 - Voluntary|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||July 23, 2019 09:59|
The Gingerbread Centre was established in 1977 in Stoke-on-Trent, providing 24 hour supported accommodation for homeless families, pregnant women and teenage parents from across North Staffordshire.
We are currently seeking Trustees to join our board. We are particularly interested in individuals who have legal or marketing experience.
By providing your skills and experience you will be helping to ensure that the organisation continues to provide its invaluable services to our beneficiaries. You will be joining a board of friendly and professional trustees.
With other trustees to hold the charity ‘in trust’ for current and future beneficiaries by;
1. Ensuring that the charity has a clear vision, mission and strategic direction, and is focused on achieving these.
2. Being responsible for the performance of the charity and for its culture.
3. Ensuring that the charity complies all legal and regularity requirements
4. Acting as guardians of the charity’s assets, both tangible and intangible, taking all due care over their security deployment and proper application.
5. Ensuring that the charity’s governance is of the highest possible standard.
- Commitment to the aims, principles and policies of the organisation.
- Willingness and ability to understand and accept their responsibilities and liabilities as trustees, and to act in the best interests of the organisation.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, exercise good, independent judgement, and work effectively as a board member.
- Effective communication skills and willingness to participate actively in discussion; and numeracy to the extent required to understand financial records and accounts.
- Willingness to gain knowledge of local needs and resources that are available to deliver services
- Quarterly Board meetings, usually on the 3rd Thursday of the Month (September, December, March, June).
- Our AGM is held in November.
- We usually have one half-day Board Away day on a Saturday morning, the date can vary.
- Ad hoc communication in between meetings and at times a Trustee may be asked to come in for a specific issue that they have the skills to assist with, but this is not often.
- We would like a Trustee to assist in promotion and be available if possible to attend events and fundraising promotions, ad hoc.
Board meetings are currently held at the charities head office based at Rothesay Court, the address is: Rothesay Court, Furnace Rd, Stoke-on-Trent ST3 4LY
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via Reach Volunteering in the first instance. Please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation, the skills and experience you would bring to the board and any other relevant information.