|Location:||Newcastle upon Tyne|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||September 20, 2019 14:14|
North East Law Centre provides both free and affordable legal advice to people across the North. East. We fight for justice on behalf of those who need it, without prejudice
What will you be doing?
Our trustee Board is a diverse, enthusiastic and friendly team. We support and challenge the work of the executive staff and help to create future opportunities and growth.
What are we looking for?
It is desirable to have experience of one or more of the following:
- Understanding of the work of charities and voluntary organisations and the issues facing them.
- Management of charitable organisations.
- Senior management experience.
- Financial management and investment.
- Marketing, promotion and public relations.
- Legal services.
- Human resources management.
- Local, regional and central government policy and funding.
We are fully committed to further increasing the diversity of our Board. A more diverse Board will:
- Understand better the needs of all sections of the community.
- Offer a broader range of perspectives about issues.
- Be more creative in generating ideas and solutions.
- Improve decision making.
To this end we want to recruit people with different skills, life experiences and from different backgrounds. We would especially welcome applications from people from a variety of ethnic minority backgrounds.
What difference will you make?
We are a well respected and growing regional advice charity which fulfils a unique role. Last year we helped over 1200 people from 83 nationalities, saved clients over £500k in legal fees and gained £320k in additional benefits for clients. You will pay a key role in us continuing our work and increasing our impact.
We meet every other month, on Thursday evenings. We are open to discussing some flexibility around attendance with remote access to some meetings.
If intersted in this role please contact Reach Volunteering receive the candidate pack (which has lots more information about the role). Alternatively please contact Reach to discuss the role further.
How to apply
Please submit your CV via Reach Volunteering with a short covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation and what skills and experience you will bring to the Board.