|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||May 29, 2019 11:45|
The Child Accident Prevention Trust is seeking Trustees for the next steps of their turnaround journey.
We are interested to hear from individuals who can provide business acumen, commercial awareness, strategic thinking and experience of product/proposition development to the Board, CEO and wider charity.
If you are a commercially astute strategic thinker who cares about child safety, we need you to join our team.
You will be working alongside our Chair of Trustees and Chief Executive to rebuild our financial resilience and help us make the most of the new opportunities we have generated.
As an active, committed Trustee you will:
- Provide thought leadership on the role of commercial and product development for the charity, including through partnerships with companies and trade associations.
- With the Chief Executive and Board, develop commercial propositions that meet customers’ needs in innovative ways, for example using digital platforms and channels, including around our training and literature.
- Advise the Board on the potential risks of our commercial ventures and any appropriate actions to mitigate these risks.
- Draw on your networks to support our work.
- Work flexibly and responsively to ensure that the charity has the digital capabilities we need to implement our turnaround strategy.
- Undertake an ambassadorial role for the charity Trust where opportunities arise.
- Attend quarterly face-to-face meetings of Trustees and participate in monthly video calls.
You will be excited by the challenges we face as a small national charity and the chance to use your commercial skills and experience to strengthen our decision making and work to make our organisation more resilient in rapidly changing markets.
We are looking for some or all of the following qualities in our new Trustees:
- Experience of working at a senior management/leadership level.
- Successful track record in commercial operations/strategy.
- Demonstrable and practical experience of product/proposition development.
- Entrepreneurial attitude to create solutions as well as advise on them.
- Ability to work at a strategic and visionary level whilst understanding the detail and complexities of delivery.
- Ability to analyse risks and opportunities and take a balanced approach to both.
- Ability to work as part of a team and a willingness to take collective responsibility for the governance of our charity.
- The influencing skills needed to bring staff/stakeholders along with plans.
- Extensive networks/contacts within your industry and sector, and a willingness to draw on your contacts as appropriate to support our work.
What difference will you make?
The Child Accident Prevention Trust is a long established and highly regarded national charity. We have been instrumental in saving the lives of, and preventing serious injury to, many thousands of children across the UK. But our funding environment has changed beyond recognition in recent years. With support from CAF Resilience, we have embarked on a programme of funding development, with the aim of developing a varied and secure level and mix of income for the future. With your help, we can achieve our ambitions.
What’s in it for the volunteer?
If you join us, you will have the chance to:
- Apply your commercial talents in a new setting, understanding our unique challenges and opportunities.
- Make a significant difference to a charity that has ambitious expansion plans through a new strategy.
- Gain experience in charity leadership and governance within a national charity setting.
- Hone your Non-Executive Director skills.
- Work alongside the UK's leading experts in child accident prevention.
- Help stop children dying needlessly or suffering unnecessary disability or disfigurement in accidents that are preventable.
How to apply
Please send your CV and covering letter via Reach Volunteering.