20 days ago
On Your Bike's key aim is to train and employ the socially underprivileged, ex-servicemen and long term unemployed to help themselves, help us and other volunteers recycle and sell bikes.
The On Your Bike board seeks to strengthen its stability, effectiveness and sustainability in the long term and hopes to welcome new trustees who will work with the current board members to reach their long-term goals.
You will be joining a vibrant organisation with exciting plans for expanding their service and a committed team who passionately believe in the enormous social value that the organisation creates.
- To ensure that the charity complies with legislative and regulatory requirements and acts in accordance with its governing document.
- To safeguard and promote the values and mission of the charity.
- To determine the overall direction and development of the charity through clear strategic planning and business planning.
- To promote and develop the charity in order for it to grow and to maintain its public benefit.
- To maintain sound financial management of the charity’s resources, ensuring expenditure is in line with the organisation’s objects, that investment activities meet accepted standards and that effective internal controls and risk management procedures are in place.
We are particularly interested in candidates who have experience in one or more of the following areas
- Financial governance of a Charity
- Legal – with a legal qualification and experience.
- Safeguarding and mental health.
- Income generation or fundraising.
- Charity/voluntary organisation governance.
- IT & digital information management.
- Retail – with expertise in EPOS systems.
Please note a more detailed role description is available upon request.
- The board meets bi-monthly - meetings start at 7pm and last for a maximum of two hours.
- Meetings are usually held in South Street but may alternate with the Bridgwater site and the new site at Taunton Railway Station in the future.
- Spending time visiting the workshops and OYB Events.
On Your Bike, Unit 14 Trinity Business Centre, South Street, Taunton, TA1 3AQ
How to Apply
Applications should be made via Reach Volunteering in the first instance. Please send a CV and cover letter stating why you are interested in applying for the role, how your skills and experience match the person specification, how you can add value to the board and any other relevant information.