|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||TrusteeWorks team|
|Job Published:||June 15, 2020 11:00|
Reach is working with Domestic Abuse Safety Unit (DASU) who are seeking Trustees with a variety of skills to join their board.
DASU provide free and confidential support services to any adult who has or is experiencing domestic abuse. Our services are based across North Wales.
We help individuals explore the options available to them, provide a safe space to talk these through, including women only spaces, and support them to take any action they may wish to take.
DASU is committed to delivering a gender responsive, trauma informed service to those affected by Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence.
In the last 2 years the charity has tripled in size and due to regional commissioning and successful bids it is likely to grow further over the next 12 months.
We are looking to strengthen our governance by increasing the number of Trustees and enhancing the skills on the board.
- Actively contributing to setting policy and strategic direction, defining goals, setting targets and evaluating performance.
- Actively seeking to further the strategic objectives of DASU, and acting in the best interests of the organisation at all time.
- Monitoring whether the service complies with its governing document.
- Monitoring the financial position of the organisation and ensuring that it operates within its means and objects, and that there are clear lines of accountability for day-to-day financial management.
- Supporting the development of the organisation through participation in agreed projects.
Each trustee brings their own skills, experiences and qualities to the board. They add to the collective knowledge and experience by providing:
- Commitment to the aims, values and mission of Domestic Abuse Safety Unit.
- Willingness and ability to understand and accept their responsibilities and liabilities as trustees, and to act in the best interests of the organisation.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, exercise good, independent judgement, and work effectively as a board member.
- Effective communication skills and willingness to participate actively in discussion.
- Willingness to gain knowledge of local needs and resources that are available to deliver services.
We are particularly interested in hearing from individuals who have skills and experience in the following areas:
- Fundraising/Income generation
- Social media marketing
The board meets six times a year in the evenings.
How to apply
In order to apply please email your CV and a covering letter to the TrusteeWorks team, stating why you are interested in the role, the skills and experience you would bring to board and any other relevant information.