29 days ago
Ina Boyle Society
Voluntary Treasurer for Ina Boyle Society Ltd.
The Ina Boyle Society Ltd is a new not for profit Angl Irish cultural organisation registered in the UK,( formerly the Ina Boyle Development Committee) see www.inaboyle.org. Our mission is to promote the music of forgotten Irish composer Ina Boyle (1889-1967) and other similarly neglected Irish composers, particularly women. whose music deserves to be heard more widely. Ina Boyle is now receiving recognition as one of the most important and prolific Irish women composers of the early 20th Century. Her huge body of compositions , largely unperformed, is preserved in the Library of Trinity College Dublin awaiting rediscovery. A pupil of composer Vaughan Williams she would travel regularly to London for lessons with him from her Co. Wicklow home. However despite early success (including performances at the Proms conducted by Sir Henry Wood in 1923) this was not followe through due to her isolation from London musical life. Performances dwindled as a result and she became largely forgotten.
About the role/what we are looking for
We are looking for an enthusiastic voluntary Treasurer who will develop and put in place the necessary fiaancial systems and practices required to take us forward. The Treasurer will fulfil a key role for our newly set up organisation. They will work closely with the two Directors assisting in monitoring the accounts and budgets so as to ensure the financial wellbeing of the Ina Boyle Society.
- Set up appropriate systems to ensure financial compliance with accounting and best practice, policies, regulations and effective financial procedures.
- Review and provide advice on the necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and audits to the Directors
- Work with the Directors to provide firm governance and strategic financial direction
- Provide guidance on financial matters
- Advise on the financial implications of any new initiatives..
- Qualified accountant or demonstrabe financia experience
- An interest in music and experience of the not for profit sector desirable but not essential
- Abilit to communicate and explain finanacial information in the simplest form
- Ability to demonstrate sound financial judgement
What difference will you make?
- The Treasurer will play a key role in establishing the necessary financial systems and strategic development that ensure Ina Boyle Society Ltd is fit for purpose to meet the growing demand for Ina Boyle's music internationally. For examples of our projects see (www.inaboyle.org).
What is in it for you ?
You will work closey with the Directors and play a key role at an exciting time of transition for the Ina Boyle Society . You will be involved in developing Anglo Irish international partnerships and opportunities for Ina Boyle's music and other neglected Irish composers, particularly women whose music deserves to be heard more widely.
This is flexible and is expected to be not more than the equivalent of 1/2 day per week. We do not have an office. Comunication with the two Directors would be a monthly, by meeting, telephone or email.
How to apply
Please send your CV with a covering letter to Katie Rowan email@example.com
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to hearing from you.
Director Ina Boyle Socety