15 days ago
Ina Boyle Society
Ina Boyle Society seeks a Voluntary Treasurer
Ina Boyle Society Ltd is a new not-for-profit Anglo Irish cultural organisation registered in the UK, formerly the Ina Boyle Development Committee (See www.inaboyle.org). Our mission is to promote the music of forgotten Irish composer Ina Boyle(1889-1967) and other similarly neglected Irish composers, particularly women, whose music deserves to be heard more widely. Ina Boyle, as a result of our work, is becoming recognised as one of the most important and prolific Irish composers of the early 20th Century.
About the role
We seek an enthusiastic person who will develop and put in place the necessary financial systems and practices required to take us forward. The Treasurer will fulfil a key role for our newly set up organisaton. They will work closely with the two Directors assisting in monitoring accounts and budgets so as to ensure the financial wellbeing of the Ina Boyle Society.
- Set up appropriate systems to ensure compliance with accounting and best practice, policies, regulations and effective financial procedures.
- Review and provide advice on financial reports/returns accounts and audits to the Directors
- Work with the Directors to provide firm governance and strategic financial direction.
- Provide guidance on financial matters
- Advise on the financial implications of any new initiatives.
- A qualified accountant or demonstrable financial experience
- An interest in music and experience of the not-for-profit sector desirable but not essential.
- Ability to communicate and explain financial information in the simplest terms.
- Demonstrate sound financial judgement
How you will make a difference
The Treasurer will play a key role in establishing the necessary financial systems and strategic development that ensures Ina Boyle Society is fit for purpose to meet the growing demand for Ina Boyle's music. Examples of projects: First CD devoted to her orchestral music (BBC Concert Orchestra) released in 2018, the first recorded recital of Songs to take place at the Wigmore Hall October 2020. accompanying Song Book and CD will be launched in Dublin 2021.
Benefts for you
You will work closely with the Directors and play a key role at an exciting time of transition for the Ina Boyle Society. This includes involvement in developing Anglo Irish and international music partnerships and opportunities for the music of Ina Boyle and other neglected Irish composers, particularly women.
This is expected to be a maximum of half a day a week. We do not have an . office as we are volunteers. Communication with the two Directors would be through meetings, telephone and email.
How to apply
Please send us your CV with covering letter by email , We look forward very much to hearing from you.