|Job Title:||Treasurer (voluntary)|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Caroline Peach|
|Job Published:||September 05, 2019 13:55|
The National Heritage Science Forum (NHSF) is a registered charity that brings together organisations with an interest in how science and technology are applied to the understanding and long-term management of heritage, as well as engagement with heritage.
Our members are heritage organisations and academic organisations and we bring the two sectors together to improve the infrastructure for research, improve collaboration between the sectors, help practitioners make better use of research, and demonstrate the public benefit of heritage science.
We are looking to recruit a volunteer Treasurer to our Board of Trustees. We seek someone with a financial background or previous experience as a Treasurer.
The role will lead on financial oversight and reporting, working with the Chair and the Forum's Administrator. Day-to-day financial operations are outsourced and are managed on QuickBooks.
Specific responsibilities of the Treasurer are:
- Preparation of annual budget, quarterly management accounts and forecasts in liaison with the Administrator
- Preparation of Annual Accounts following Charity Commission guidelines
- Reviewing the Charity's financial policies and procedures annually in consultation with the Chair and Administrator
- Monitoring financial transactions set up by the Administrator and authorised by trustees
- Attendance at three trustee meetings per year to report on the Forum's finances, one teleconference and the AGM.
- Acting as a point of contact fo the independent examiner each year to support the preparation of the indepndent examiner's statement.
The general responsibilities of a trustee can be found on the full role description on our website.
- The role of Treasurer is voluntary
- Reasonable expenses associated with the duties of the Treasurer will be paid
- Appointment is for a term of three years in the first instance (negotiable)
- The Board of Trustees meets three times a year in addition to the AGM and at least one teleconference. Most meetings are in London.
- The time commitment is expected to be approximately 0.5 days per month.
Please send a letter explaining your interest in and suitability for the role, together with a summary CV (no more than 2 A4 sides) and contact details for two referees to the NHSF Administrator, Caroline Peach at the email address in this posting.
Closing date for applications: 5.00 pm, 16th September 2019