|Job Title:||Treasurer (voluntary)|
|Salary:||Voluntary post with pre-agreed expenses|
|Contact Name:||Arabella Stuart Walters (President's Assistant)|
|Job Published:||July 21, 2019 17:58|
Are you looking for a new Treasurer role?
Children's charity, Children of Peace, is looking for a new Treasurer as the existing post holder is retiring after 14 years in the role.
Children of Peace is a UK-based, non-partisan, conflict resolution organisation that aims to protect and build friendship, trust and reconciliation between Israeli and Palestinian children, aged 4-17 through arts, education, healthcare and sports projects and programmes, so that a future generation and their communities might live in peace, side by side. Since our foundation in 2004, we have helped over 125,000 Israeli and Palestinian children.
In just over 14 years, our Coalition of Peace has grown to become the single largest peace network across the Middle East, with over 350 affiliate member groups in Bahrain, Gaza, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Oman, Turkey and the West Bank (and represented in Europe and North America).
Our Patrons are Dame Judi Dench, Dr Sentamu the Archbishop of York and Madonna. Our leading supporters include Pope Francis, the last three French Presidents, the last four UK Prime Ministers (including Theresa May), Joe Biden, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, and the Palestinian envoys to London and formerly Washington.
The role will report into the President and Board of Trustees.
The Treasurer has a watchdog role over all aspects of financial management to safeguard the organisation's finances. Responsibilities include:
- Financial planning and budgeting
- Financial reporting
- Banking, book keeping and record keeping
- Liaising with the auditor
- Arranging payments for staff expenses and organising payments overseas for grants to successful applicants.
- Build on relationships with the Board of Trustees as an Officer of the charity
- Monitor Children of Peace fundraising services
- Develop a financial case for the Israel and Palestinian “offices” of Children of Peace to eventually be fully staffed
- Promote the role, work and reputation of Children of Peace
- Monitor the financial administration of the charity and reporting to the Board of Trustees
- Act as a counter signatory on cheques
- Oversee and present budgets, internal management accounts and annual financial statements to the board of trustees
- Prepare and complete the Annual Return & Report to the Charity Commission
- Ensure that proper accounting records are kept, financial resources are properly invested and economically spent
- Liaise with the Chairman of Trustees
- Monitor and advise on the financial viability of the charity.
- Personal commitment to the aims and mission of Children of Peace
- To hold true to the non-partisan objectives of the charity, even during periods of intense conflict
- Protect the reputation of the charity at all times
- Obtain prior consent from Children of Peace with respect to any media contact, including interviews, but to act as a spokesperson for Children of Peace where necessary
Skills and competencies
- Excellent written skills with the ability to produce concise reports
- High standard of computer literacy (Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook and the Internet)
- Meticulous attention to detail.
*** IMPORTANT ***
All posts, whether voluntary, full or part-time employment, are subject to a six-month probationary period, which applies to both parties from the date of appointment.
We look forward to hearing from you soon. If you have any further questions about the role, please get in touch!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's