|Job Title:||Treasurer (Trustee)|
|Contact Name:||Anita Twigger|
|Job Published:||January 30, 2019 14:49|
Pawprints Dog Rescue Registered Charity No: 1149888 are seeking a Treasurer to join the Board of Trustees. This is an unpaid position. The charity is now into its 6th year and the Trustees require the right candidate to help us deliver our future plans and strategy. We are a diverse board and welcome people from all walks of life to apply if they have the necessary financial or business background. Empathy to the aims of the Charity, though not essential, would be beneficial.
ROLE DESCRIPTION FOR TREASURER (TRUSTEE)
The role of the treasurer is to monitor the financial administration of the charity and report to the board of trustees at regular intervals on that and its state of financial health, in line with best practice and in compliance with the governing document and legal requirements.
The treasurer will be involved in budgeting and strategic financial planning, financial and management reporting, risk assessment and risk management and is likely to be involved in areas such as investments, governance, reserves and pensions.
In addition to the general responsibilities of a trustee, duties of the Treasurer are as follows.
- Ensure proper records are kept
- Ensure effective financial procedures are in place
- Monitor and report on the financial health of the charity
- Oversee the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and audits
- Manage and advise on strategic financial planning
- Manage risk
- Work with the Board to produce an annual budget
- Ensure that salary, pensions, PAYE, NI and VAT records are kept
- Provide trustees with necessary information to facilitate decision-making
- Ensure that debtors are paid in a timely manner
- Work with the Board to ensure that the charity acts responsibly, reasonably and honestly
- Apply, implement and ensure effective record keeping for Gift Aid
In addition to the person specification for a trustee, the treasurer should have the following qualities.
- A keen interest in taking the charity forwards
- Experience of business or committee procedures
- A strong background in Finance and/or Business
- Effective communication skills
- The ability and time to work to deadlines
- The ability to work as part of a strong team
- Able to attend meetings at least 4 times per year usually during the evening or weekend
- Able to give enough time as required to fulfil the obligations
Before applying for this role please ensure you have read the following and are eligible to apply to be a charity Trustee:
You must be at least 18 years old to be a trustee of our charity.
You must be properly appointed following the procedures and any restrictions in the charity’s governing document.
You must not act as a trustee if you are disqualified unless authorised to do so by a waiver from the Commission. Please read and click the relevant links to ensure you can apply:
You should also read the Essential Trustee available from the Charity Commission: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-essential-trustee-what-you-need-to-know-cc3/the-essential-trustee-what-you-need-to-know-what-you-need-to-do
If you feel you can offer the necessary time and skillset required for this position, please apply by email to email@example.com attaching your CV for the attention of the Chair. The closing date for applications is 19th November 2018.
Pawprints Dog Rescue will use the personal data you provide (as defined by the Data Protection Act 2018) for the purpose of recruiting a Trustee to its Board. This may involve specifically:
• Keeping administrative records
• Corresponding with you in respect to your application
• Contacting you in the future about other opportunities
We will only contact you in respect of this application or other roles that may be considered suitable for you.
Pawprints Dog Rescue is opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination. Everyone will be treated fairly and will not be discriminated against. Recognising that supporting Equality is of primary importance, all the Trustees, volunteers and staff work to develop sound and effective practices that impact on the charity, its services and the community it serves.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's