|Job Title:||Treasurer Trustee|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Jennie Worthley|
|Job Published:||January 17, 2019 14:19|
Fegans exists to bring hope to the lives of children, families and communities across the UK. We do this by providing qualified counselling for children and support, intervention and training for parents. Working holistically and in partnership, our aim is to transform this nation one child at a time.
We are currently looking for a Treasurer to join our Board of Trustees to use their financial skills and experience to help us to reach more families. Fegans is a charitable organisation with clear Christian ethos, mission and values which are incorporated within the objects of its Trust Deed. In order to maintain its ethos, mission and values, and to fulfil the stated objects there is a requirement that the post holder is a Christian.
Flexible, preferably in the South East
The Board of Trustees meets 5 times per year, with most of the meetings held in Central London. In addition, we encourage our Trustees to have regular contact with our operational centres and attend our annual staff away day. There will also be a need to make time weekly to respond to emails and matters that arise.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
General Trustee Duties
- Ensuring that the organisation pursues its stated objects (purposes), as defined in its governing document, by developing and agreeing a long-term strategy
- Ensuring that the organisation complies with its governing document (i.e. its trust deed, constitution or memorandum and articles of association), charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations
- Ensuring that the organisation applies its resources exclusively in pursuance of its charitable objects (i.e. the charity must not spend money on activities that are not included in its own objects, however worthwhile or charitable those activities are) for the benefit of the public
- Ensuring that the organisation defines its goals and evaluates performance against agreed targets
- Safeguarding the good name and values of the organisation
- Ensuring the effective and efficient administration of the organisation, including having appropriate policies and procedures in place
- Ensuring the financial stability of the organisation
- Protecting and managing the property of the charity and ensuring the proper investment of the charity’s funds
- Following proper and formal arrangements for the appointment, supervision, support, appraisal and remuneration of the chief executive (if the charity employs staff)
In addition to the above statutory duties, we ask each trustee to use any specific skills, knowledge or experience they have to help the board of trustees reach sound decisions. This may involve scrutinising board papers, leading discussions, focusing on key issues, providing advice and guidance on new initiatives, or other issues in which the trustee has special expertise.
- Overseeing, approving and presenting budgets, accounts and financial statements
- Having a working understanding of the financial resources of the organisation and its ability to meet its present and future needs
- Ensuring that the charity has an appropriate reserves policy
- Ensuring that appropriate accounting procedures and controls are in place
- Liaising regularly with our paid staff and volunteers, in particular the Head of Finance, about financial matters
- Being involved in the recruitment of key finance positions
- Advising on the financial implications of the organisation’s strategic plans
- Ensuring that the charity has an appropriate investment policy
- Monitoring the organisation’s investment activity and ensuring it is consistent with the organisation’s policies and legal responsibilities
- Ensuring that the accounts are prepared and disclosed in the form required by funders and the relevant statutory bodies, for example the Charity Commission and the Registrar of Companies
- Keeping the board informed about its financial duties and responsibilities
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's