|Job Title:||Treasurer (Trustee)|
|Salary:||This position is not remunerated but all expenses and travel will be reimbursed|
|Contact Name:||Shireen Chambers|
|Job Published:||November 03, 2021 15:42|
Institute of Chartered Foresters Treasurer
- Duration: 2 Year Term of Appointment, maximum of 2 terms
- Closing date: Sunday 12th December 2021
About the Institute
The Institute of Chartered Foresters is the Royal Chartered body for tree professionals in the UK. Its membership covers the full range of tree professionals and this range of expertise is one of its greatest strengths. It has 2,000 members who practise forestry, arboriculture and other related disciplines in the private and third sectors, central and local government, research institutions, universities and colleges throughout the UK.
The Institute regulates standards of entry to the profession. It provides support to members, guidance to professionals in other sectors, information to the general public, and educational advice and training to students and tree professionals seeking to develop their careers.
Forests cover 13% of the UK’s landmass and our forestry and wood-based economy is worth £2.22 billion. We are currently seeing one of the most intense periods of forestry-relevant policy in decades which provides a huge opportunity for the Institute.
In 2022 we will embark on a new Strategic Plan and at this critical moment for our work, we are looking for a Trustee to join our board and help oversee the strategic direction and growth of the organisation. This is a fantastic opportunity to support change. We are values led, believe passionately in professionalism and are growing.
About the role
You will be joining an existing team of both new and experienced trustees to support the organisations mission, strategic direction and growth over the coming years.
All Trustees support Institute of Chartered Foresters by:
- Ensuring that Institute has a clear vision, mission and strategy
- Being responsible for the of the oversight of the performance of Institute
- Ensuring that Institute’s governance is of the highest possible standard
- Holding the Executive Director accountable for the achievement of the organisation's goals
- Ensuring that Institute complies with all legal and regulatory requirements;
- While financial matters are the responsibility of all trustees, we require a Treasurer with particular responsibility for financial matters.
The role of the Treasurer can be summarised as follows:
- monitoring the financial administration of the charity and reporting to the board of trustees, in compliance with the governing document
- overseeing the charity’s financial risk-management process
- acting as a counter signatory on cheques and applications to funders; and
- board-level liaison with the external auditors on specific issues such as the Auditors’ Management Letter and the related board representations.
This position is not remunerated but all expenses and travel will be reimbursed.
Trustees meet formally as part of the Institute’s Council four times a year with additional sub-committee work.
Please apply with CV and accompanying letter to email@example.com
- Closing date: Sunday 28th November 2021
- Start date: February 2022
Interviews are expected to take place virtually on 16th December 2021
More about the Institute of Chartered Foresters: Home - The Institute of Chartered Foresters