|Job Title:||Treasurer Trustee|
|Contact Name:||Mark Hainy|
|Job Published:||February 25, 2021 16:32|
Who we are:
YPWD (Berkshire) CIO is a vibrant and successful local charity, operating across Berkshire. We were established in 2012 to fill a much-needed gap in provision for those with young onset dementia (dementia diagnosed during working life) and their families and carers. We provide workshops and 1:1 support to those diagnosed with young onset dementia. In addition, we deliver an education course for those diagnosed, their families and carers. We also provide access to an Admiral Nurse and carer support groups, specifically aimed at the well-being of the carer.
What we're looking to do:
We would like to strengthen our Board of Trustees by recruiting a new Treasurer. We are looking to recruit a professional with bookkeeping or accountancy expertise, and someone who shares our vision to help make a significant difference to the lives of people living with young onset dementia.
The role of Treasurer is an extremely important one and as a member of our Board you will have responsibility for overseeing the financial management of the organisation to ensure that it is legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
Our current Board is made up of a range of experienced people from the healthcare sector, the private sector and those that have lived experience in caring for and losing a loved one to young onset dementia.
Here's what we'd like you to do for us:
- Oversee the financial affairs of the organisation and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place.
- Monitor and report on the financial health of the organisation.
- Oversee the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and audits.
- Liaise with relevant staff including the Director and Office Manager, Trustees and/or volunteers to ensure the financial viability of the organisation.
- Make fellow Trustees aware of their financial obligations and take a lead in interpreting financial data to them.
- Regularly report the financial position at bi-monthly Trustee Meetings (balance sheet, cash flow, fundraising performance etc).
- Oversee the production of an annual budget and propose its adoption at the last Trustees Meeting of the previous financial year.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures and controls are in place, i.e.:
- Cheque signatories
- Purchasing limits
- Purchasing systems
- Petty cash/float
- Salary payments
- PAYE and NI payments
- Others as appropriate
- Appraising the financial viability of plans, proposals and feasibility studies.
- Lead on appointing and liaising with auditors/an independent examiner.
Here's what we're looking for in you:
- Knowledge and experience of current and fundraising finance practice relevant to voluntary and community organisations.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and financial management.
- Good financial analysis skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly, verbally and in writing.
- Experience or knowledge of accounting/bookkeeping and/or good numeracy skills
- Attention to detail.
- Willingness to work as part of a team.
- Confident in the use of IT systems.
Applications are by sending your CV and cover letter by close of business on 12 March 2021 to the Charity Director, Mark Hainy firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews of those shortlisted will be via video and an immediate appointment offered to the successful candidate.