|Job Title:||Treasurer Trustee|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Annette Wilson|
|Job Published:||January 27, 2021 15:13|
Treasurer Trustee volunteer
We are looking for a Treasurer Trustee to lead all finance related activities.
We are a small and friendly charity and have been in operation since 2002. It is run as a virtual organisation and in the last year we have commenced upgrading our infrastructure due to increased demand for our services. This year we have received our first funding and hired a part-time Operations Manager and a part-time IT Manager.
We are looking for a Trustee to join the ADHD Richmond and Kingston Board of Trustees and be a core team member to fill the role of treasurer providing around two - three hours support a week including attending monthly – six weekly Trustee meetings, some which may be held in the evening.
The role would require you to do forward planning in terms of funding requirements and also deal with day to day management of finances. This would involve coordinating the timely preparation of monthly management accounts, coordinating quarterly gift aid claims, produce the annual budget, preparation of annual financial statements and overseeing filings to the Charity Commission and HMRC as appropriate. The role will work closely with the Chair, the finance volunteer and the Operations Manager.
We are flexible in terms of time of the day when the tasks can be performed - eg daytime or evenings.
- An experienced Treasurer Trustee of a charity or a Chartered Accountant
- Strong IT skills (Microsoft Office software)
- Financial modelling and data collection best practice
- Ability to deal with long and short term planning
- Self‐motivated and able to prioritise a busy workload using a blend of skills and experience
What difference will you make?
- We have a strong reputation in our local community and our services are seen as invaluable and not available elsewhere. We have been operating as a not-for-profit organisation since 2002 and have in the last year determined that in order to be sustainable in the longer term we need to strengthen our infrastructure.
- Last year we registered as a charity and the newly appointed Treasurer will be a key part in ensuring the group is sustainable into the future.
What's in it for the volunteer?
- As we are a small charity, each person that volunteers with us is playing a vital part in order to ensure that we can support the families and professionals working with children and young people with ADHD. About 5% of the population is ADHD and if not properly supported can have devastating effects on the ADHD suffer and their families as it evidenced by the fact that 25% of the UK prison population is ADHD. In contrast if ADHD people are properly supported they can live positive and fulfilled lives and contribute to their local communities. We believe we are making a difference to peoples’ lives.
How to apply:
If you would like to apply for this role, please send a current CV (no more than two sides of A 4) along with a covering email outlining your relevant skills and motivation for applying. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org