|Job Title:||Treasurer Trustee|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Alison Goddard|
|Job Published:||October 20, 2020 12:50|
The vision of Lincolnshire Action Trust (LAT) is that all individuals involved with the Criminal Justice System are treated with respect, have equality of opportunity and are empowered to achieve their full potential.
Achievement: To achieve the best outcome for others and myself
Inspiration: To positively motivate and influence others
Quality: To work to the highest standards at all times
Respect: To be respectful and considerate to others
Empowerment: To give power to individuals and encourage them to increase their confidence
Treasurer and Trustee, Lincolnshire Action Trust
The role of the Treasurer is to maintain an overview of LAT’s affairs, ensure its financial viability and ensure that proper financial records and procedures are maintained.
The Board of Trustees
The LAT Financial Processes Procedures Manual states that the Board of Trustees is responsible for:
- approving the finance strategy, risk management policy and reserves policy.
- approving LAT’s financial policies and key financial procedures.
- establishing financial management priorities, responsibilities and levels of delegated authority.
- approving properly budgeted annual plans.
- monitoring performance against these plans and budgets, and approving budget variations above 20%.
- approving the trustees annual report and accounts.
- appointing the independent examiner/auditor and formal communications with them.
Responsibilities and duties
In addition to the general responsibilities of a member of the Board of Trustees, the duties of the Treasurer include:
- Supporting the CEO in the preparation of budgets and accounts and submission of annual accounts for approval by the Board.
- Being assured that the financial resources of LAT meet its present and future needs.
- Ensuring that LAT has an appropriate reserves policy.
- Oversight of CEO budget management and assurance to the Board on financial reports.
- Providing assurance to the Board that appropriate financial and auditing procedures are in place.
- When investment issues are delegated to the Treasurer, subject to the approval of the Board, ensuring that there is no conflict between any investment held and the aims and objects of the charity.
- Monitoring LAT’s investment activity and ensuring it is consistent with the LAT’s policies and legal responsibilities.
- Ensuring that reporting rules for accounts are applied correctly.
- Liaison with external auditors in support of the CEO.
- Keeping the Board informed about its financial duties and responsibilities.
- Supporting LAT’s fundraising strategy.
- Making a formal presentation of the accounts at the annual general meeting.
- Sitting on appraisal, recruitment and disciplinary panels as required.
- To be a signatory to bank accounts as required.
- When an unplanned deficit is forecast, respond to the CEO’s request for the approval of the Chair and Treasurer for any commitments that would result in that deficit.
- Authorisation of the Chair’s expenses.
In addition to the person specification for a Trustee, the Treasurer should have the following qualities:
- The skills to analyse proposals and examine their financial consequences.
- Prepared to make unpopular recommendations to the board.
- Financial qualifications and experience.