|Job Title:||Treasurer Trustee|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Laura Shtaingos|
|Job Published:||August 20, 2020 12:31|
About Baby Umbrella
Baby Umbrella is a new CIO (Charitable Incorporated Organisation) (Registered Charity Number 1190745) with the purpose of providing support for postnatal physical and mental health and wellbeing in West Kent.
We will increase access to services through community groups, expertise building and collaboration with local health services.
Current and planned projects include:
- Breastfeeding / post-natal support drop in sessions
- Online advice and support
- Training, workshops for child health professionals and other practitioners
- Home visits by breastfeeding counsellors and lactation consultants
ROLE DESCRIPTION FOR A TREASURER TRUSTEE (VOLUNTARY)
We are looking for a trustee who is passionate about supporting their local community through skilled professional advice to work with our founders and existing Trustees.
Note: The overall role of a Treasurer is to maintain an overview of the organisation’s affairs, ensure its financial viability and ensure that proper financial records and procedures are maintained. Our Treasurer may take a role in the day-to-day finances of the organisation eg advice with pay etc...
In addition to the general responsibilities of a trustee, duties of the treasurer include the following.
- Overseeing, approving and presenting budgets, accounts and financial statements
- Being assured that the financial resources of the organisation meet its present and future needs
- Ensuring that the charity has an appropriate reserves policy
- Preparing and presenting financial reports to the board
- Ensuring that appropriate accounting procedures and controls are in place
- Liaising with any paid staff and volunteers about financial matters
- Advising on the financial implications of the organisation’s strategic plans
- Ensuring that the charity has an appropriate investment policy
- Ensuring there is no conflict between any investment held and the aims and objects of the charity
- Monitoring the organisation’s investment activity and ensuring it is consistent with the organisation’s policies and legal responsibilities
- Ensuring that the accounts are prepared and disclosed in the form required by funders and the relevant statutory bodies, for example the Charity Commission and/or the Registrar of Companies
- If external scrutiny of accounts is required, ensuring that the accounts are scrutinised in the manner required (independent examination or audit) and any recommendations are implemented
- Keeping the board informed about its financial duties and responsibilities
- Contributing to the fundraising strategy of the organisation
- Making a formal presentation of the accounts at the annual general meeting and drawing attention to important points in a coherent and easily understandable way
- Sitting on appraisal, recruitment and disciplinary panels as required
In addition to the person specification for a trustee, the treasurer should have the following qualities.
- Financial qualifications and experience
- Some experience of charity finance, fundraising and pension schemes
- The skills to analyse proposals and examine their financial consequences
- Being prepared to make unpopular recommendations to the board
- A willingness to be available to staff for advice and enquiries on an ad hoc basis
We anticipate that some of our trustees will come on board in more of an advisory role in which case attending board meetings (and any pre-reading) would be the main commitment. Our board meetings are currently monthly because there is so much to set up and decide, but we expect this would move to approx quarterly. We very much hope that many of our trustees will be able to help with projects etc outside of board meetings but this would depend on availability and skills etc.
Please apply with CV and cover letter outlining experience and suitability to
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's