|Job Title:||Treasurer Trustee|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Adam Tulloch|
|Job Published:||June 12, 2020 11:34|
Total Insight Theatre is an award-winning arts charity that provides arts and cultural opportunities for children and young people, particularly those experiencing disadvantage.
We are in an exciting period of continued growth and are seeking an enthusiastic Treasurer who understands charity finance to join our Board of Trustees and support us in our mission to provide arts and cultural opportunities for disadvantaged children and young people across the UK.
We are seeking a Treasurer to oversee the financial affairs of the Charity and duties include:
- Preparing and presenting management accounts
- Ensuring that the accounts are prepared and filed in the form required by funders and the relevant statutory bodies, for example the Charity Commission
- Keeping the Board informed about its financial duties and responsibilities
In light of Covid-19, we are also seeking support with:
- Increasing financial resilience
- Financial forecasting
- Thinking through aspects like our reserves policy in light of Covid-19
This is a voluntary role and in line with Charity Commission Guidance, we pay reasonable travel expenses for our volunteers. Please note that due to Covid-19, all meetings are taking place online for the foreseeable future.
We are seeking the following time commitment:
- Attending 4 Board Board Meetings a year (currently on Zoom)
- Participating in monthly informal group phone updates with Chief
- Executive and trustees • Providing ad hoc support in between meetings and updates
Applicants will have an interest in the arts, be passionate about supporting children and young people and have an interest in helping the charity scale its work.
We are also seeking the following qualities and experience:
- Financial qualifications and experience
- Some experience of charity finance
- Willingness to work with senior staff for advice, training and enquiries
- Team working skills and experience
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Open mind and willingness to learn
- Interest in the arts