|Job Title:||Treasurer Trustee|
|Contact Name:||Liz Sokoski|
|Job Published:||May 27, 2020 10:51|
As part of its new, three-year growth strategy, Art & Soul is now keen to appoint a Treasurer to its Board of Trustees. Alongside the general responsibilities of a trustee, this hands-on Treasurer role will also involve:
• Managing the financial affairs of Art & Soul to ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice
• Managing the Art & Soul finances including the charity bank account, all income and expenditure transactions, monthly and annual accounts, and cash flow, reporting any issues or concerns to the board
• Creating and implementing effective financial procedures (including keeping records), and controls for payment signatories, payments etc
• Leading on financial reports/returns, accounts and audits (i.e. annual accounts and return for the Charity Commission)
• Regularly monitoring and reporting Art & Soul’s financial performance, viability and risk (e.g. via a balance sheet for board meetings etc)
Who we’re looking for:
Ideally we’d like to find our Treasurer Trustee from within the local community. They will also need to be able to evidence the finance qualifications and experience listed below:
• Financial, accounting and audit/risk experience with a recognised financial qualification
• Experience of reporting to or being part of a board
• Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of Trusteeship
• Experience of dealing with sizeable sums of money and of up to date financial control and budgeting
• Strong communication skills when it comes to finance
Art & Soul is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive Board.
You could make a real difference...
You would be joining us at an exciting time for the charity as we aim to increase our funding, our services and our impact within the local community in order to meet growing demand for our creative activities and events. Your skills and experience would help strengthen the Board’s capabilities and move our plans forward as well as ensuring the financial security of Art & Soul.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON 14TH JUNE
For more information about the role of Treasurer, Trustee and about the charity please contact Liz Sokoski: firstname.lastname@example.org