about 1 month ago
If you're a financial whizz and want to help a small charity grow in its support of refugees by becoming the Treasurer Trustee then read on....
Salusbury World is a small charity that punches above its weight in helping to empower asylum seekers, refugee and migrant children and their families. For more information about what we do see www.salusburyworld.org.uk
Based in Brent, the charity was founded in 1999 and provides a range of services to children and their parents at a number of locations in the borough, from mentoring and after-school clubs to advocacy and advice.
With a team of 10+ staff and over 150 volunteers we are a passionate and committed team who are in need of a like-minded treasurer to steer us in our ambitious growth plans.
As Treasurer Trustee your specific responsibilities will be to:
- Oversee the financial good health of the charity, ensuring it is maintained and make recommendations to ensure its strength in the future.
- Prepare regular cash flow forecasts, budgets and financial statements and share with the director and board of trustees as appropriate.
- Advise on the financial implications of strategic plans of the organisation.
- Liaise with the current financial manager to ensure all financial inputting into the accounting system is accurate and up to date.
- Ensure that appropriate accounting policies, procedures and control are in place and that the charity is compliant with financial legislation.
- Oversee the timely submission of the necessary documentation to the accountants for the preparation of the statutory accounts.
- Liaise with the organisation’s external auditors and if necessary be the point of contact for the HMRC.
In addition as a Trustee you will be expected to:
- Attend monthly board meetings, held in the evenings.
- Input into the overall strategic direction of the charity.
- Take part in social and fundraising events when possible.
To be our Treasurer Trustee you will need:
- Accounting or financial experience.
- The ability to communicate financial information in clear language to members of the Board and other stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and evaluation skills, demonstrating good judgement.
- To quickly build an understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- A positive mind-set with a shared passion and commitment to help us in our cause.