|Job Title:||Treasurer (Trustee)|
|Contact Name:||Caz Hattam|
|Job Published:||July 25, 2019 13:58|
The Unity Project works with migrant families experiencing poverty and homelessness because of their immigration status. In particular we work with families with 'No Recourse to Public Funds'. A small project with big ambitions looking for a treasurer.
We are looking for a treasurer to join its board of trustees. We’re looking for someone with knowledge and experience of financial management, particularly in voluntary and community organisations, and a commitment to migrants’ rights. The board will meet bimonthly.
● Oversee the financial affairs of the organisation and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice
● Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place
● Monitor and report on the financial health of the organisation
● Oversee the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and audits Specifically
●Liaise with relevant staff, committee members and/or volunteers to ensure the financial viability of the organisation ● Make fellow committee members aware of their financial obligations and take a lead in interpreting financial data to them
● Regularly report the financial position at committee meetings (balance sheet, cash flow, fundraising performance, etc)
● Oversee the production of an annual budget and propose its adoption at the last meeting of the previous financial year
● Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures and controls are in place, i.e.:
○ Cheque signatories
○ Purchasing limits ○ Purchasing systems
○ Petty cash/ float ○ Salary payments
○ PAYE and NI payments
○ Others as appropriate
● Appraising the financial viability of plans, proposals and feasibility studies
● Lead on appointing and liaising with auditors/an independent examiner
● Knowledge and experience of current and fundraising finance practice relevant to voluntary and community organisations
● Knowledge of bookkeeping and financial management (as necessary)
● Good financial analysis skills
● Ability to communicate clearly
What difference will you make?
We are at an exciting stage in our development. The Home Office have agreed to review the 'No Recourse to Public Funds' policy that we have been fighting, and so we're expecting big changes.