Treasurer / Trustee Role
|Job Title:||Treasurer / Trustee Role|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||March 21, 2019 16:16|
Moorcroft Racehorse Welfare Centre
Our mission is to re-school and rehabilitate former racehorses that have been gifted to us so that they can have a real chance at a second career.
Treasurer / Trustee Role
It is hoped that the Treasurer will take a hands on role and will therefore play a pivotal part in the smooth running of the charity and the fulfilment of our mission to re-school and rehabilitate former racehorses and ensuring them a happy and progressive future.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a group of people who love horses and who are passionate about the work the organisation does with former racehorses.
Main Duties & Responsibilities of the Treasurer / Trustee
- Preparation of the annual accounts for our Auditor.
- Guide and advise fellow trustees to formally approve the annual report and audited accounts.
- Explain technicalities of accounts in plain language which is fully understood by the trustees.
- Prepare up to date financial statements for our Trustees meetings.
- Preparation of cash flow forecasts and monthly management accounts which are needed for the smooth running of the Charity.
- Ensure all strategic plans are financially appraised and budgets are aligned to both short and long-term objectives each year.
- Oversee planning/budgeting processes in participation with the Board and constructively challenge when necessary.
- Help to develop reserves policy and safeguard finances.
- Lead the Board to ensure proper accounting records are kept; financial resources are controlled, invested and economically spent in line with governance, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Advise on the financial implications of the charity’s strategic plans and overseeing the charity’s financial risk-management process.
- Jointly with our Chief Executive, oversee the work of our in-house bookkeeper.
- Assist with the financial aspects of our fundraising events.
Skills & Attributes of the Treasurer / Trustee
- Financial qualifications and experience.
- Proven ability to communicate and explain financial information to members of the Board and other stakeholders.
- Analytical and evaluation skills, demonstrating good judgement.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Understanding and commitment to the organisation’s cause and objectives.
- Willing to act as an ambassador to external bodies, charities and companies.
- A team-oriented approach to problem solving and management.
- Qualified accountant.
- Knowledge of charity SORP and impending changes.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of charity fundraising and finance practices.
The Board meets at least 7 times a year. Meetings are usually held in the afternoon and last for approximately one to two hours.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's