Treasurer/Trustee lead for finance
|Job Title:||Treasurer/Trustee lead for finance|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Ord|
|Job Published:||February 17, 2021 12:42|
Reducing the Risk is an Oxfordshire-based charity dedicated to the safety of adults and children at risk of domestic abuse and to the empowerment of the professionals and volunteers who support them.
We are looking for a trustee who shares our core aims and values and, in addition to taking strategic overview, would be willing to give time initially to some of the operational financial management of the charity.
A key step is to recruit a Treasurer/Trustee lead for finance to provide support and challenge to the Board, to take a lead role in overview of our financial operation with associated transfer of some responsibilities to the staff team, and to advise on work to develop our training service further as an enterprise.
The new trustee will be member of both the Trustee Board and the Finance and Strategy subgroup – working closely with the trustee members of the subgroup (including the Chair), and with our new three day a week business manager.
We are seeking someone with financial expertise who would extend the range of skills and perspectives on our Board, establish the role of Treasurer, act as mentor for our part-time business manager, and play a significant role in the next stage of our development.
We would like to recruit someone who would carry all the responsibilities of the Treasurer of a small charity - leading on the development of a financial strategy and budget; contributing to wider thinking; and ensuring that our financial management is robust and conforms with Charity Commission guidelines.
In addition a central aspect of our plans to date has been to build our training service as asocial enterprise. We would welcome someone with business development/entrepreneurial experience and enthusiasm as trustee lead for this aspect of our work.
What’s in it for the volunteer?
- You would be joining:
- a local charity with a vital role in work with vulnerable adults and children, and whose role is widely valued by front line practitioners, and local and national partners.
- a group of committed trustees who would welcome the additional expertise you bring to enable a process of change.
- You would be establishing a new role which will make a significant difference for the charity.
- There are many exciting opportunities for our organisation to extend its impact.
- Your role will be pivotal especially in the expansion of our multiagency training and unique model of multi-agency support for people at risk in the community.
- The Board meets 4 times a year in addition to 4 informal meetings in between.
- The Treasurer/Trustee finance lead should be available for weekly calls/zoom with the Chair.
- Due to the key role the Treasurer/Trustee finance lead will play in our initial stages of our business plan, the time required for the role will be more at the beginning but this will decrease as the plan is implemented.
A few more details
- There will be an opportunity to sit in a board meeting as an observer.
- This role will require a basic DBS check in addition to committing to our confidentiality and safeguarding agreements.
How to apply
Applications should be made via Reach in the first instance. Please email trusteeworks@reachvolunteering and provide your CV, along with a covering letter explaining why you are interested in the role, how your skills and experience add value to the board and any other relevant details.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's