Treasurer / Trustee
|Job Title:||Treasurer / Trustee|
|Contact Name:||Jo Ashbridge|
|Job Published:||June 05, 2019 11:53|
Passionate about social impact and international development?
AzuKo is a small but mighty nonprofit - we’re looking for a Treasurer to join our board of trustees.
AzuKo is an international architecture charity. We design with disadvantaged communities and empower them to create the world they dream of. From housing, sanitation and infrastructure to play and public space, our projects address urgent needs of communities.
We’re using human-centred design to tackle some of the world’s toughest problems, but we can’t do it alone. We need your help.
The role involves monitoring the financial administration of the charity and reporting to the board at regular intervals on its state of financial health.
- Oversee the financial affairs of the charity and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice
- Ensure proper records are kept and effective financial procedures are in place
- Monitor and report on the financial health of the charity (balance sheet, cash flow, fundraising performance etc) at quarterly trustee meetings
- Prepare and process payroll for employees
- Oversee production of financial reports / returns, accounts and audits
- Qualified accountant with demonstrated commercial awareness
- Knowledge of charity SORP and impending changes
- Competent IT skills
- Proven ability to communicate financial information
- Analytical and evaluation skills, demonstrating good judgement
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
Who are we looking for?
We expect all team members to share our values. All AzuKo trustees are active in advocating, fundraising and networking.
The impact of this role
Our work priorities disadvantaged individuals, families and communities. Ultimately you will be contributing to the positive change AzuKo seeks to make in the world.
Role: Treasurer / Trustee
In addition to the specific responsibilities stated, you will assume all the usual duties of a trustee >>
Volunteer: Trustees are volunteers. The role is not accompanied by any payment, however reasonable expenses may be claimed e.g. local travel
Commitment: 2 year term. Review after 1 year. Estimated 2-3 days per month, including attending quarterly board meetings. You may also be a sub-committee member and attend specific meetings.
It is important that the Treasurer is available to the Director on a regular basis. In addition to meetings, other contact (email / telephone) will be necessary.
Location: London, and remotely
Why be a trustee
As a small charity AzuKo recognises the great work, time and commitment of our board members. This position is an opportunity to:
- Give back to a charity that is dedicated to creating positive social impact
- Enhance your CV and open doors to new career paths
- Make a difference to those in need
- Learn about the management and strategy side of charities
- Utilise your experience and skills within the voluntary sector
- Work with an interesting team (board and staff) from diverse backgrounds
How to apply
Application is by CV and supporting statement (of no more than one side of A4) outlining the reasons for your interest in the position.
Please send your application via email to email@example.com
Application deadline: Rolling
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of race, sex, disability, religion belief, sexual orientation or age.