Treasurer / Trustee
|Job Title:||Treasurer / Trustee|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Jo Ashbridge|
|Job Published:||February 23, 2021 20:40|
Are you passionate about international development and the impact of small charities? Small International Development Charities Network (SIDCN) is looking for a Treasurer to join our Board of Trustees.
SIDCN began in 2016 as an online peer-to-peer network, and has grown to a community of 1,600 members. Now a registered charity, SIDCN amplifies the voices of thousands of small UK charities which work internationally, and the communities we serve.
- Position: Trustee (Treasurer)
- Location: Remote
- Commitment: 1-2 days per month. Trustee meetings are biannual. Working group meetings are fortnightly.
- Duration: We’re looking for individuals who can commit to our Board for a minimum of 2 years
- Volunteer: Trusteeship is a voluntary unpaid role
- How to apply: CV along with a covering letter (no more than 1 side of A4) detailing why you are applying for the Treasurer role at SIDCN and how you meet the person specification, emailed to email@example.com Application deadline: rolling
The role involves monitoring the financial administration of the charity and reporting to the Board at regular intervals on its state of financial health.
- Oversee the financial affairs of the charity and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice
- As a newly registered CIO/charity (October 2020) support the setup of financial systems
- Ensure proper records are kept and effective financial procedures are in place
- Monitor and report on the financial health of the charity (balance sheet, cash flow, fundraising performance etc) at quarterly trustee meetings
- Oversee production of financial reports/returns, accounts and audits
- Qualified accountant with demonstrated commercial awareness
- Knowledge of charity SORP
- Competent IT skills
- Proven ability to communicate financial information
- Analytical and evaluation skills, demonstrating good judgement
- Understanding of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
Charity Trustees play an important role in making sure that the charity is run in the interests of the people it is there to support. They strategically oversee the management and administration of the organisation. SIDCN Trustees are also active members of the Working Group. Being a Trustee takes dedication, requires commitment and is a big responsibility but it is a fantastic way to help make a real and lasting difference.
Diversity of representation
We acknowledge that people of colour, women, people with disabilities, and people who identify as LGBTQIA+ (and other protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010) are underrepresented in positions of power, leadership and influence within the charity and development sector.
We also acknowledge that SIDCN would be stronger and more capable of amplifying the voices of small international development charities and the communities we serve, by ensuring diversity of representation, skills and experience. SIDCN is committed to equal opportunities. However you identify, we would like to hear from you.
“The charities which we are championing may be small, but they are mighty. They’re agile, hands-on, responsive to beneficiaries needs & specialists in their fields. We believe small is beautiful.” - Jo, Chair, SIDCN
Why be a Trustee at SIDCN
This position is an opportunity to:
- Strengthen the small charity sector - these charities serve some of the world’s most vulnerable communities, yet are often overlooked
- Enhance your CV and open doors to new career paths
- Make a difference to those in need
- Learn about the strategy/management side of charities, and international development policy
- Utilise your experience and skills within the voluntary sector
- Work with an interesting team (Board and Working Group) from diverse backgrounds