|Contact Name:||Alison Morey|
|Job Published:||November 24, 2020 12:01|
Treasurer/Trustee opportunity at Voluntary Support North Surrey
We are a medium sized charity providing support to charities in 3 local Boroughs. We are an infrastructure organisation in Surrey so basically, we support other Surrey organisations so they can provide much needed services and support to residents in need. Our small team offers training in many areas including fundraising, governance, and volunteering. We give hands on help to charities and voluntary groups so that they can successfully raise funds and deliver their objectives. In addition, we run befriending service. We have a good track record and have been established for over 20 years. Our lively board is mixed in terms of ages and backgrounds.
What will you be doing?
The Treasurer is an officer of our Trustee Board and is a voluntary position. The Treasurer’s role is to ensure that all the finances and the supporting financial control systems are kept in order. He/she will be responsible for end of year accounts. The Treasurer is not the bookkeeper. The Treasurer will delegate day-to-day financial management to the deputy treasurer and office manager.
What are we looking for?
The Ideal Candidate Would Have the Following Skills:
- financial qualifications or experience
- some knowledge or experience of charity finances, fundraising, financial consequences, and pension schemes
- be non-judgmental and respect views, values and cultures that are different to your own
- have good listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- be able to exercise good independent judgment and if necessary, to make difficult recommendations
- excellent good numeracy skills to understand accounts
- be able to explain financial information at board meetings in a user-friendly way
- be willing to learn about and follow, principles and policies, including confidentiality and data protection
- be willing to undertake training
What difference will you make?
The current longstanding Treasurer is retiring, and we need a new Trustee to continue his excellent work and to support the work of this valuable and committed small team. Strong and efficient governance ensures the team can carry on delivering an excellent service across the county.
What's in it for the volunteer?
Our Trustees can
- make a positive impact for people in the area by ensuring VSNS is sustainable and meeting the needs of the community
- meet people and build relationships with trustees, staff, and other volunteers
- build governance, leadership, and strategy skills
- widen skills
- reasonable expenses will be reimbursed