|Location:||Burton upon Trent|
|Contact Name:||Amanda Baker|
|Job Published:||February 17, 2020 16:52|
Monitor and interpret the financial standing of the charity and reports to the Board regarding cash-flow forecasting, income streams, out-going expenses and the overarching strategic management of the organisation’s financial resources.
Oversee the charity’s financial risk-management process and report financial health to the board of trustees at regular intervals.
Acts as a counter signatory on cheques and applications to funders and ensure that annual accounts are submitted to all relevant regulators in a timely fashion.
Liaising with external auditors on financial issues and ensuring that the organisation’s finances are responsibly managed and invested for the betterment of the organisation’s work and for the beneficiaries it serves.
• Good communication and leadership skills.
• Qualified/Part Qualified accountant with demonstrated commercial awareness and knowledge.
• Knowledge of charity and impending regulatory changes.
• Competent use of IT.
• Proven ability to communicate and explain financial information to the Chief Executive and Board of Trustees and other stakeholders.
• Analytical and evaluation skills, demonstrating good judgement.
• Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience of charity fundraising and finance practices.
• Dedicated to the organisation’s cause and objectives and willing to act as the charity’s ambassador to external bodies, charities and companies.
• Skills and experience in one or more areas of non-executive governance and management e.g. strategic planning, business management, financial/accountancy, understanding of HR issues, experience of Trusts or other grant giving bodies particularly fundraising and legal knowledge.
• A team-oriented approach to problem solving and to management.
• The Board meets at least 9 times a year presently a minimum attendance will be required of 7 meeting per year.
• Attendance at award meetings or fundraising meetings is optional.
• Board meetings are held at the organisation’s premises at Burton on Trent.
• In addition to board meetings, other contact – usually electronic or by telephone – will be necessary.