|Job Title:||Treasurer/Company Secretary|
|Contact Name:||Mimi Doulton|
|Job Published:||November 29, 2018 15:51|
Our mission is:
- Campaigning for children’s rights to the arts
- Connecting children’s arts practitioners
- Celebrating children’s arts in the UK
Main Purpose of Role
The Treasurer will oversee the financial matters of the charity in line with good practice and in accordance with the charity’s governing documents; and report to the Board of Trustees at regular intervals about the financial health of the organisation. The Treasurer will ensure that effective financial measures, controls and procedures are put in place and are appropriate for the charity.
The Company Secretary will be responsible for the filing of accounts and annual returns to Companies House and the Charity Commission and the addition/removal of trustees/directors.
- Oversee the financial affairs of the organisation and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place.
- Monitor and report on the financial health of the organisation.
- Oversee the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and, if appropriate, audits.
- File annual accounts with Companies House and the Charity Commission.
- Attend trustee meetings (approx. 4-6 per year) and report on ACA’s financial position.
- Oversee the production of an annual budget and propose its adoption at the last meeting of the previous financial year.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures and controls are in place.
- Arrange payments to creditors as appropriate and arrange appropriate signatures on payments.
- Make the necessary arrangements to collect payments from debtors and bank payments promptly.
- File Gift Aid claims with HMRC.
- Regularly report the financial position at committee meetings.
- Provide guidance on grant applications and other fundraising matters.
- Notify Companies House of the addition/removal of trustees/directors
- Prepare and file annual accounts with Companies House and the Charity Commission.
- Knowledge and experience of current fundraising finance practice relevant to voluntary and community organisations.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and financial management (as necessary).
- Good financial analysis skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly
A strong empathy with ACA’s mission.