|Job Title:||Treasurer/Accountant Trustee|
|Contact Name:||Reem Issa|
|Job Published:||March 15, 2019 14:47|
About the Charity
Awareness Foundation an international, ecumenical, educational charity that works to build peace through education, and build bridges between East and West.
We are fortunate that HRH The Countess of Wessex GCVO is our Royal Patron.
For more details, please visit our website: www.awareness-foundation.com
The Benefits of Joining the Awareness Team
You will be part of a world-class team of like-minded professionals who contribute to a great cause and are determined to make a meaningful difference. It is a rewarding experience that will help you expand your network, form deep connections and develop your leadership skills and talents.
- Oversee the financial matters of the Charity and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place.
- Monitor and report on the financial health of the Charity.
- Oversee the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and audits.
Responsibilities of the Treasurer
- Act as Treasurer of our small charity
- Provide advice and guidance over the annual setting of budgets and business plans
- Review monthly management accounts and advise on their implications and any necessary actions
- Represent and advise on all financial matters including the annual report and accounts
- Lead on appointing and liaising with auditors.
- Liaise with relevant staff to ensure the financial viability of the Charity.
- Regularly report the financial position at committee meetings (balance sheet, cash flow, fundraising performance etc).
- Oversee the production of an annual budget and propose its adoption at the last meeting of the previous financial year.
- Collaborate to develop a finance strategy
- Ensuring that budgets, forecasts and cash flows are prepared on a timely basis.
Attributes of Board Members
- An enthusiasm for the work of AF and a willingness to act as an advocate.
- A commitment to carry out the duties of a Trustee, as a member of the Board.
- A preparedness to offer personal and business skills and experience to support the work of staff and volunteers, when required.
Term and Time Commitment:
- Trustees are appointed for a three-year term. The Board of Trustees meets 4 times a year plus one international meeting. Occasionally additional meetings may be required for recruitment or strategic development. In addition to board meetings, communication between meetings takes place via email, and telephone.
- The time commitment for Trustees is expected to be 1-2 days per month, on average. Energy and commitment to working with the Awareness Foundation for a period of three years is required.
- Treasurer will need to provide operational support on a monthly basis, for a few hours. This can be done either from the office or from home as the QuickBooks accounting system can be accessed remotely.