Treasurer of small charity
|Job Title:||Treasurer of small charity|
|Salary:||Voluntary post: no salary|
|Contact Name:||Helen Cox|
|Job Published:||April 19, 2019 19:34|
Ndi Moyo UK is a small charity which supports the work of the Ndi Moyo Palliative Care Centre in Salima, Malawi. Palliative Care remains thin on the ground in sub-Saharan Africa and the majority of those with inoperable cancers or other chronic diseases will go untreated. Ndi Moyo (which means the 'place giving life') aims to both deliver and to teach good holistic care, so disseminating its availability throughout the country. Our website is http://new.ndimoyo.org/
The charity does not employ any staff, so all trustees are very hands-on. We meet three times a year in London and seek a new treasurer. The key elements of the role are as below:
1. Update Charity Commissions data and ensure all information is relevant.
2. Signatory and principal contact for the bank accounts
3. Bookkeeping - maintain Charity accounts using an Excel Spreadsheet and reconciling these back to the monthly bank statements. Recording all donations from regular donors (65-75) and one-off donors (1-10) each month. Payments usually consist of transfers to NMPCT in Malawi. Including a cashbook and a financial summary for Trustees at the end of each month. Ensuring all transactions are back up as per statutory regulations.
4. Produce Annual Gift Aid claim at the end of the Financial Year and submit to HMRC.
5. Produce a set of Final Accounts for independent examination including Trial Balance, Balance Sheet and Income and Expenditure statement, in line with statutory requirements.
6. Assist Chair and trustees in all matters relating to Finances
7. Ensure paper /online records are maintained in line with statutory requirements.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
0 - 0
0 - 0
Treasurer - Trustee
Wetherby Fundraising Group - Treasurer
0 - 0
Independent Trustees & Independent Non-Executive Director | Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
Voluntary with reasonable expenses