Treasurer - Management Board volunteer
|Job Title:||Treasurer - Management Board volunteer|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Erin Fair|
|Job Published:||July 30, 2018 12:53|
Management Group - Treasurer
About the organisation
At the 2017 General Election, Campaign Together mobilised thousands of people from any political affiliation or none, to canvass against the Tories in marginal seats. Horrified by the privatisation and running down of public services, breakdown in environmental progress, a ‘hard deregulation Brexit’, and a growing climate of racism, we used Bernie Sanders-style ‘big organising’ to support whichever progressive party was the clear frontrunner in marginal seats.
Now we are launching a longer campaign through the next local, London and General Elections, to make sure that we collectively push the Conservatives out of power this time. To game the unfair First Past The Post system, we are mobilising everybody who is not a member of a party, or whose chosen party does not stand a chance in their seat, to campaign together to get rid of this disastrous and dangerous government. We aim to organise patiently in communities, train ordinary people to become leaders, and mobilise 10,000 canvassers over the course of the campaign, flooding marginal seats and helping progressives to win in 50 parliamentary constituencies across the UK.
Campaign Together are currently recruiting for experienced social movement leaders to strategically guide our organisation through the next year or two, and hopefully longer. Our ideal candidate will agree with the values of the organisation, will be passionate about big organising and increasing political participation, determined to get the Tories out at the next election, and have the ability to lead a large national social movement towards that end. We are looking for three people to increase our voluntary leadership team.
About the role
We are looking for someone to join our Board who has financial expertise, energy and commitment to progressive political movements. As Treasurer, you will provide your skills and expertise to the board and help to ensure that the organisation’s finances are responsibly managed and will ensure that we have robust financial oversight and accountability in our operations. Ideally, you will possess the ability to engage in creative and strategic thinking when necessary to support the growth and development of our young organisation.
By joining the board will have a positive impact on the organisation and, by extension, on furthering the mission of Campaign Together. You will have the opportunity to support with the strategic direction as an organisation and a movement to change to political landscape of Parliament and the U.K.
Main purpose of the role
- Maintain an overview of financial affairs and advise the Board of Directors in the financial direction of the organisation
- Oversight of financial planning and reporting
- Approve budgets, account and financial statements
- Contribute to the overall strategic vision of the organisation by actively participating in meetings, with fellow Board members, and in decision making.
- Financial skills and experience.
- Ability to deal with the challenges of managing funding and long term planning.
- Proven ability to communicate and explain financial information to members of the Board.
- Analytical and evaluation skills, demonstrating good judgement.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities as a member of the Board of Directors and Treasurer for a Private Limited Company.
- Good communication and leadership skills.
- Willing and able to devote the necessary time and effort to the oversight and work of the organisation.
- Dedicated to the cause and objectives of Campaign Together.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of political or third sector fundraising and finance practices.
- Knowledge or understanding of grassroots political campaigning
- Attend monthly Skype meetings, in order to provide strategic insight and direction
- Attend quarterly in person meetings with the team. If you have accessibility needs that require you to Skype in for this then that’s possible. We will also circulate the locations of meetings between the places where the Steering Group are, wherever that might be in the country.
- Answer emails relatively promptly
Working location. The role will be working from home, and meetings will be held either on Skype, or in London or Oxford.
* All expenses will be paid, however this is a voluntary position
How to apply
To apply please send your CV and maximum 1-page cover letter explaining how your skills and experience meet the person specifications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th of August. For questions, please contact Erin Fair at Erin.Fair@me.com or at 07763 494450.